Saturday, September 29, 2018

9/29/18 Too Many Outlets For Censorship Today?

    I woke up not sure what I was going to write about, then I open YouTube and there is Patrice O'Neal (RIP) commenting on comments made by some shock jocks (Opie and Anthony) and then followed by him again defending Imus after his infamous comments on the Rutgers team, calling them "rough looking", all tattooed I would agree, but then adding "nappy headed hoes" and that was bound to get a media response.
    If this wasn't enough, my buddy Yak Motley, has a new story about how You Tube is trying to demonetize any stories involving guns, and he believes that soon enough all gun related stories will be removed from YouTube altogether.  All I can say is what the hell is going on?  This is akin to the idiots in the 1800's burning books to prevent the message from getting out.  Comedians should not be taken in the same context as news personalities.  As Patrice was saying, a joke can come from anywhere and it is up to the comedian to guide the funny out of the dark material from which it comes from.  I have noticed the best comedy comes from dark places.  You can't make real funny jokes to entertain adults unless you are going to dig into some dark and uncomfortable material.  For example, it was funny as hell when Chapelle made a joke about being in a limo with a sketchy driver and before he knew it, he was in the ghetto and there was a baby standing on the corner.  He wanted to at once help the baby, but also feared the baby because it was like 3:00am.  It turns out the baby was a drug dealer (hahahaha), then the kicker was the baby saying "I'm trying to feed my family" (hahahaha).  When Dave said it, the room exploded with laughter and it was funny, but thinking of where it came from, yeah, it is some depressing stuff that ghettos exist and kids are exploited in this way to sell drugs.
    Back to attempting to censor nowadays, which is still barbaric in raw form.  The only place it really works is where the FCC rules and that is on the free shit.  ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX TV have to work and live by their rules, as do the radio stations broadcasting on AM and FM stations.  The same rules don't apply to XM/Sirius radio which is a private pay as you listen satellite system, there's Netflix and Hulu which are also private pay to enjoy outlets and many others springing up.  I think YouTube is going to get stupid at a certain point and an R rated version of it will appear allowing all the things it currently doesn't.  I have looked for things like naked women and other perverted stuff, not necessarily dealing with sex, and it is almost nonexistent.  Why?  Because conservatives get uptight knowing it exists?  You uptight perverts don't have to go out looking for it, just let it exist.  There was a time when I was very much against guns, they scared me more than anything, but I would never bitch that guns shouldn't exist.  Now, I hold a different opinion, with Boy having introduced me to them, I am more comfortable around them and I will probably buy me a handgun sooner than later.  If only YouTube leaves the videos up so I can look at the various tests people do independently of different brands and styles of guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment