Friday, September 14, 2018

9/14/18 Running Around To Find An 18 Year Old Movie?

    We were talking to Javalina about some of the funnier football movies out there, wondering if he had seen them while we saw them.  I know I've seen The Replacements about 5-6 times, it is really a cool movie, I don't care that the masses laugh at Keanu's acting abilities, I always enjoy his movies.  To my surprise, Javalina has not seen that one, nor any of the others, so we had suggested that we should choose a night and watch a few of these movies, if anything so when we make a reference to them, he knows what we are talking about.
    This week, he decided that we should sit Friday night and watch some movies.  I like to be prepared, so I went to our collection of movies and of course, I could not even find the case for Waterboy, I did find the case for The Replacements, but it had Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer inside instead.  I looked for that case, thinking I might get lucky and they just got flip-flopped, but no luck.  I did manage to find Rudy, which is another really great movie, but it might be too serious for a 13yr old.  Being the dad that I am, I went to Half Price Books to see if they had the movie, and they did not, but the store on Lamar did.  After we picked up the boy from football practice, we drove over there, and I was able to buy a brand new copy for $4.99, still wrapped in plastic, The Replacements, that is.  Waterboy is playing right now on Netflix, so I did not bother looking for that one too hard.
    If we get past those three, we have Any Given Sunday and then we can go old school with the original Longest Yard and the remake.  We have quite a bit of movies, although now we have stopped buying for the most part.  Boy still likes buying them when they come out promising extra scenes or even like the 4K versions.
    We are expecting another wet weekend, so the idea of sitting around watching movies and eating junk food doesn't sound so bad.  My folks did say they were coming this week since they didn't last week, but if there is more chance of flooding in San Antonio, then it might be another week of postponement.  What would go better with the movies but some super nachos with a ton of cheese and meat or Wife was suggesting some frito pie with some hot dogs.  We shall see what the weekend holds for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment