Monday, September 3, 2018

9/3/18 Rest Of The Weekend?

    Once I accepted the fate of our team, the weekend was much better.  We went to the mall after deciding we were running low on sheets for our beds.  Maybe my feet need a pedicure, but I have cut through about three fitted sheets with my feet, I guess the dry skin is out of control because of the Crocs.  Anyways, I told Wife we might as well go buy some a couple sets, we do have four king size beds in our house and I do change the sheets anytime someone sleeps over.  By having extra sets, I just have to remove whatever is on the bed and instantly put on a new set.  The dirty one then falls in with the dirty clothes but there is no rush to wash them.  We got lucky in that JCPenney had a 50% off sale.  We bought two sets for the King beds and one for the Queen bed in Boy's room.  For some reason, he seems to prefer the crack addict lifestyle and usually sleeps like he doesn't own sheets for his bed.  It really bothers me that he lives like an animal.  He has enough computing power in his room to run an airport or a small army, but he can't keep his nice clothes on hangers, he can't keep sheets on his bed.  At some point, he thought pallets would make a nice platform for his spare twin bed which is more of a sofa, but we finally said no.  They didn't match, he didn't paint them.  I don't know if at 24, I should still be going in and de-cluttering for him, but his room seems to overwhelm him, I think.
    Anyways, Dillard's was having a great sale of an additional 40% off stuff already on sale.  I managed to get another 2 polo style shirts that are normally $70, two T-shirts, and even a pair of shorts that normally sells for $60, all for $63.  I thought it was such a great deal, I didn't even charge it.  That was about all we could muster, so we left.
    The plan was to go to Pappadeaux, we haven't had a nice meal in a long time.  Out of nowhere, Javalina suggested maybe trying the Abuelo's restaurant next to the mall.  We have been going to the mall since I moved up here in 1991, and I had never eaten there.  It just looked like the kind of place that overcharges and gives you mediocre food, plus it is loud and crowded because it serves people from the mall.  We figured it was close, both Pappadeaux locations are on the other side of town.  The restaurant was actually pretty on the inside, the waitress was quick with the chips and drinks, the prices were a little on the pricey side, but not crazy.  It turned to shit when the family of Mexican idiots walked in and sat on the table next to us.  The two guys were laughing like they were on their horses out on the back 40, fucking loud fucks.  Use your inside voice when the restaurant is half empty.  Take cues from the others.  There were three or four other families around us and it felt like we were eating alone, then these "compadres" come in and they might as well had megaphones, fucking goons.  The fajitas were also a little sparse.  I could swear the fajitas for two got mixed with a serving for one, but we made the most of it.  Javalina's plate with pork loins wrapped in bacon looked like a quality plate.  Mexican restaurants should also know about tortillas and they should have a little crispiness as they are burned on the "comal".  This place seemed to microwave their tortillas.  We might try this place again, but the fools sitting next to us have to go sit outside, I hate loud asses indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment