Sunday, September 16, 2018

9/16/18 Longhorns Can Win?

    I had to follow this game online as best I could because I was at work on Saturday night.  I have to admit I was not excited about the idea of these Longhorns going up against another quality program, but luckily, USC is still also in a rebuilding phase.  From what I read and heard, they were starting a freshman QB and we have a QB with roughly one year of experience.  Looking online the first chance I got, the score was looking bad, as the Trojans were up 14-3.  That just smelled like a blowout was looming as the night progressed, so I didn't look for a long while.  The next time I did, the score was in the Horns favor in the 3rd.  Apparently, they scored 13 points in the 2nd quarter and another 21 in the 3rd.  Somehow or other, they came back and did not allow them another score for three quarters.
    I like that they now have a 2-1 record, that loss seems a little weird, but they still have a long way to go.  Last week, they went completely limp in the 4th quarter and Tulsa almost came back to win that game.  Even if I didn't see this game, I can notice that they again did not score in the 4th quarter.  Are they so out of energy towards the end of games that they have a hard time finishing?  I blame that freaking bubble then.  These are Texas boys playing in Texas.  They know our humidity, they know our weather.  If all their training is done in there with little orange mitts and burnt orange earmuffs and maybe the trainers are bringing them little cups of cocoa with BEVO shaped marshmallows, then somebody needs to kick the coach right square in the ass and get these boys outside sweating, like my Javalina does, on a shitty field with thorns where he gets cuts and bruises from the field as much as from the competition.
    Don't get me wrong, I am an alumni and I love everything Longhorns, but I believe those boys need to practice out in the humidity and heat or whatever the weather brings.  I mean nobody listens to me, but those boys will continue to be mediocre until someone gets rid of that poor excuse for a building.  It is one of the ugliest things you will see driving on I-35 through Austin.  Just saying.  But at least for this week, congratulations boys, you scored another win.  Keep them coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment