Sunday, September 23, 2018

9/23/18 Texas Might Have Figured Out How To Win?

    Texas appears to be on a little bit of a roll now.  It has to be helping that the temperature is down and it has been maybe as cool as it is in their beloved bubble.  I have no doubts that if the weather was still in the 100s, like it is supposed to be, these boys would be melting.  As it was, it was a great day for football.  The weather stayed in the 80's through much of the game.  We all got up and hung out just here at the house with no particular agenda.  Wife heated up leftovers from last night, she had picked up a bucket of chicken and some Little Caesar's Pizzas.  I chose to eat some questionable cheese dip with ground up sausage and salsa from last Saturday.  I am writing this as of 11:30pm and I haven't gotten sick, so I guess the cheese dip thingy was ok.
    While watching the game, I got a text from my old neighbor dude.  This is the guy married to one of Girlie's aunts until about 8 years ago.  We hadn't seen him in a while and we texted for a bit then he asked if he could stop by.  I told him sure, we are always here and you are always welcome.  He was here for the 3rd and almost the whole 4th quarter of the game.  We discussed many things, and I thought it was nice to catch up.
    Meanwhile, I noticed in the game, that the defense is something to behold.  They are playing at a much higher level than the offense.  Even though the offense scored the points, much of those came from pretty good set ups from interceptions and 4th down stops.
    While our old neighbor was here, he asked why I didn't go watch the games at the stadium?  I told him I prefer to be home where I can watch in my underwear or while grilling.  I like the idea of watching on TV because if we miss something good, we get a review and they'll run the play over again.  When watching in person, you get one shot at seeing what is happening on the field.  If you look away even for a second, you might miss a crucial play.
    In the end, the score was 31-16 against another ranked team, TCU came in ranked #17.  Last week, they beat a then #22 ranked USC.  I don't know that they are ready to be ranked themselves, but they do seem to be going in the right direction.  Maybe they have made the right choice in going with Ehlinger as QB1.  He seems very natural and comfortable in the pocket and when he takes off, he is thick enough to take some punishment at 6'3" and 230 pounds.  I still find it curious that even at that height, he seems like a little guy next to his linemen, who must all be in the range of 6'5" and above.  Keep doing what you're doing, and Hook 'Em!!

No comments:

Post a Comment