Friday, September 21, 2018

9/21/18 Sold Last Of My Magical AMD Stock?

    I finally sold all of my AMD stock earlier this week.  I thought I had sold all of it last year when I decided $13 was about as good as this old dog was ever going to do.  I have had these stock certificates hidden in books for almost 20 years.  They have been worth between $400 and almost $20,000.  There was a day or two when the famous Athlon came out that the stock was valued at $96 a share, but I got greedy, thinking it would do what the other tech stocks were doing, which was growing and splitting in unstoppable ways.  Sure enough, not long after, we did not meet some numbers and the market turned against us and we went into a freefall all the way down to around $2.
    A couple years ago we started getting ourselves out of credit card debt and I used what I thought was all of my stocks to get me around $4000.  It felt nice for a day or two, selling like 300 shares but it quickly went to pay off Dillard's, Best Buy, and several other smaller accounts.  A couple months ago I got an e-trade letter and it reminded me I had some shares done electronically, 76 to be exact.  Wife is dead set on going to Disney this summer, I just want to get out of these freaking medical bills that Boy caused for us (the jackass is still coming home with scratches on his arms from the freaking GFs cat).  We managed to pay off all the smaller ones of $48, $49, $75, even $800 from Austin Regional Clinic, and the ER doctor's bill of $392.55.  The one big one that was feeling like rape was the one from St David's at $3114, for being there about 6 hours  (the jerks didn't even figure what was wrong with him, but I digress).  I called and complained that the bill was ridiculous, the lady, with a straight face said well the total bill was $12,500 something.  Your insurance paid the rest.  I still say for what?  He sat on a bed that is used nightly, nothing magical.  we were charged by the doctor and individually for the cat scan and spinal tap, so how do you justify $12,500?
    Anyways, they did reduce it down to $1,800, our part, so there is that.  I told Wife I'd give her half to save for Florida and the rest was going to pay down the balance.  At one point, I had plans that the stock money was mine and I would use it for a down payment on a $60-80,000 boat, you know, cause I deserve it.  But no, responsibility will always shake you down first and take what you tried to hide.  Oh well, at least it has been on a great run and even though I was going to settle and sell them for hopefully $13 or so, like the other shares.  I timed it just right and sold for $31.  This will help pay medical bills and fatten Wife's grubby paw for our summer vacation.  It sucked balls last year not going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment