Wednesday, September 19, 2018

9/19/18 Recapping The Weekend?

    I usually have more to say about our weekends, but since I worked Saturday night, the weekend just kind of got away from me.  The plan for the weekend was simple, my folks were going to come since they hadn't come the week before, but again there was a lot of rain in the forecast, so we figured we would just stay in.  We went to HEB Friday afternoon while Javalina was still in football practice and got snacks and junk food for some serious movie watching.  I already mentioned watching Waterboy and The Replacements.  I had started watching Atypical at work Thursday night and after I talked Wife into watching an episode or two, I just continued letting them play.  When I watch stuff at work, I always miss out on watching some scenes because the work takes my attention here and there.  Anyways, I stayed up until 5:30am to see both seasons, then jumped to the table to write whatever blog I wrote for Saturday.
    Saturday, we slept until 4:00pm, I figured the more sleep the better, since I was working.  Wife is probably just tired from driving back and forth all over Texas it seems sometimes.  We had promised Javalina that we would eat at Crawfish Shack there in Southpark Meadows.  He loves the Cajun fries, I love the catfish and shrimp po' boys and their fries.  We then left and I came in to work right on time, about 6:30pm.  My only other plan had been to watch the Longhorns, but I was sure they were going to lose, so I figured it was better to make money, given the choice.  Surprisingly, the Longhorns did manage a win, which I should try to catch on the Longhorn network.
    Sunday was rough, I am no longer a spring chicken.  I got up around 2:00-3:00pm as Wife had just made some eggs, sausages and Canadian bacon in muffins.  She was nice enough to have a cup of coffee brewing as I walked into the kitchen, but it did not do much.  They were arguing between watching more episodes of Atypical or watching The Good Place.   I honestly laid there with them, but I was more asleep than awake.  Of course, when Wife said she was going to bed at 9:00pm, that is when I finally felt ok to be up.  I washed a load of clothes, put away all the clothes we had washed over the weekend, and decided to go to bed after watching a couple episodes of Beachfront Living.  I went to bed at 3:30am or so, but got up at 4:50am to walk Wife out to her car and help her carry her bags for another week of fun.  I don't mention Boy much because he is all in love and dating, so he is hardly around

No comments:

Post a Comment