Thursday, June 1, 2017

6/1/17 Summer Time?

    Wife told me Chubs was going to school until Thursday, I did not realize we were going to get into June before school let up, what the heck?  We didn't start later than normal, why the long year?  Anyways, it seems Boy has been in vacation mode at least for two weeks which always seems unfair to Chubs, but whatever.  Chubs has asked for a little get together with his buddies, and although I don't like it, I am letting them have their get together tonight, even though I am going to be at work.  If they get together tonight, I can send his friends home tomorrow and then my folks can visit as they planned.  I haven't got any official word, but Wife lives with them during the week and my Dad told her they are coming up Saturday.  I am surprised they are coming, they had threatened to boycott me because I have too many renters, but I guess if they want to see their grandkids, they'll make it up here, heh heh.
    Chubs has one other request and that is that we buy him a video game.  We put the condition that we wanted to see his test scores before committing to anything new, but his test scores won't be released until June 15th, and he did get into the National Honor Society, which we didn't attend because they moved it around and it just seemed like too much last week with another school function earlier in the same week.  So maybe we kind of owe him something, he is a good boy, and he has had to grow up a little bit this year, spending time alone in the house when he doesn't have a choice.
    He will also have to be doing a math summer enrichment program for three weeks since he didn't do great in the math portion of his testing.  I kind of blame that on happenstance.  He was scheduled to go with his mom to Crystal, so last year when there was a summer program for the Einstein kids, we said why should he attend if he is headed to Crystal?  Then he spent three weeks in Crystal where he said they were doing stuff he had already done in the previous year.  When he came back, he was behind the rest of the kids and never caught up. 
    Enough with the excuses, today is about having a little fun and cutting loose.  I'll probably get him his game this afternoon at Target.  Wife will even be here tonight, as she has started working four day weeks, so at least for the summer, she will be coming up Thursday afternoons and leaving on Sundays, which sounds a lot nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment