Monday, June 19, 2017

6/19/17 Father's Day Came And Went Like A Silent Fart?

    This was another one of those events that sucks because Wife is working so far away from us.  The one good thing about it was that at least I got called in to work OT.  By now we know the routine, that Wife has to leave early.  Because of this, we had already planned the weekend beforehand.  Earlier in the week I decided I wanted to eat at the Salt Lick, it had been awhile, with my leg situation and my pay cut, we really haven't been going out much.  I told Wife "we can go to the movies either Friday or Saturday and go to Salt Lick the other night."  This idea worked out perfectly.
    Boy usually gets with his friends on Friday nights, and this weekend was no different.  I respected his plans, he in turn got us free tickets to go see Wonder Woman at the Alamo Drafthouse.  It was really a good summer movie.  I like how AD shows you earlier versions of the movie you are about to see, if you arrive early enough.  Wonder Woman had been trying to get to the big screen since 1967.  There were goofy versions attempted until Linda Carter's version in 1975.  I was young, but I do remember seeing the show on TV.
    Anyways, Saturday was a lazy day.  I woke up at 10:00am, went down for my coffee and pan dulce and paid some bills online, waiting for Wife to come down, but not wanting to wake her up.  I finally got antsy at noon, and she was barely getting up.  She showered, I laid in bed, then I suggested we watch a movie I had seen on Netflix earlier War On Everyone, this movie should have been a hit, it is hilarious and stupid.  Hopefully, it becomes a cult classic.  We finished watching the movie and of course, I fell asleep.  Boy woke me when he got home, after his shift at work, around 4:00pm.
    We finally headed out to the Salt Lick around 5:00pm or 6:00pm, stopped for gas and sodas, and made our way out to Driftwood.  I love this place, but so does everyone else.  We had to wait an hour and 45 minutes before getting a table, but this is one of the few places I don't mind waiting.  By the time we got back home, I was in a food coma, and couldn't help but go back to sleep.  Wife watched a few episodes of Orange Is The New Black, and then we went to bed.  I was asleep on one of the chairs in our bedroom and moving to the bed, I lost my sleepiness and then I was up until 6:30am.  What do I do about it, I work nights? 
    Anyways, I slept until 1:30pm, we went to eat at Zaxby's, my choice, but we all like it, and then Wife left back to Crystal City.  I went home, showered and headed in to work.  All I have left to do is thank the people that wished me "Happy Father's Day" on Facebook and this holiday can be put out of its misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment