Thursday, June 29, 2017

6/29/17 Halfway Through The Year Already?

    Saw it written on Facebook somewhere yesterday, but it didn't dawn on me until now that I wrote today's date.  We are pretty much through the first half of the year.  Honestly, we still have our Christmas tree up in the living room, what with Wife only here on the weekends.  It has been all sorts of busy, as I wrote just last week, it is rare to have a weekend where we aren't obligated to do something outside the norm.
    Probably the biggest event of the last six months was dealing with my leg.  It is almost healed, I am down to two small-ish holes that need to close up all the way and then maybe if I could molt like a snake and loose my skin there and have it replaced by newer skin underneath as the area still has a purple look to it right now.
    The second biggest thing is that Wife continues to work out of town, which is OK, but I do wish she could get back into town.  Every weekend seems too short and like we don't do enough.  I know it's for a good cause, so I will continue to put up with it.
    The third biggest change was my pay cut.  It hurt me in that I had to get rid of my truck which I loved.  Selling it also gave me the extra cash to pay off our RV, and with the selling of my AMD stock last week, I am on pace to pay off three more credit cards.  Our goal is to get off relying on credit cards all the time.  Maybe we will keep one for emergencies and stuff, but I don't want to be where we used to be with over 20 credit cards.
    The boys are doing fine, Chubs is off to 7th grade, and Boy is down to a year and a half or so to finish.  He is in the process of interviewing here and believes he has a job, we shall wait until they officially call him.  He was told Cypress is really cool about keeping temps and converting them to full time employees, so that might be interesting.  Another interesting point is that the chemistry lab affiliated with the fab is looking for a new temp, they just lost a guy.  It would be kind of cool to have Boy work here in the same place, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.
    Everything else is going ok.  My two renters are holding steady and their rent money is helping me pay off my medical bills, but by the end of the year, that money will be going to installing new wood floors which was something I almost started a year ago, before I hurt myself.  Let's see what the rest of the year brings for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment