Wednesday, May 31, 2017

5/31/17 An Awkward Idea?

    I did not begin letting people stay with us because I needed help financially, I was trying to help people I care about that seemed to need a hand up.  With the surprise beat down I got a couple weeks ago by my higher ups at work, it seems I am the one in need of saving.  All of a sudden, Wife surpassed me in take home salary, and I don't see that changing.  I am fine with that, as I have carried her for the last twenty plus years, she can now carry me for a while.
    An interesting idea that is sort of building itself is Girlie has a friend that might be interested in staying with us, and although we don't have more rooms, our house is a 5 bedroom 3 bath two story beauty.  I will do whatever within reason to keep it, so if I take in another renter, so be it.  Wife is only here on the weekends, and I work during the week at nights, so I end up sleeping all day. 
    What if I get serious about this and do like the houses in Florida?  I could convert the room downstairs where we have the pool table into another bedroom and get another renter.  People don't bother me, they might bother Wife, but I always say, the more the merrier, as long as I choose them, and they got boobs, preferably.
    My rules have pretty much been followed.  I don't want extra people I don't know that might get out of hand and put my kids at risk.  Boy's friend has not had anyone over, other than another of Boy's friends from Del Valle.  This kid was in Houston, and just graduated this year with a degree in hotel management, I always thought it was a weird degree, but he started with it and finished, so congratulations.  Girlie brings other girls over occasionally, and her siblings, which hasn't been a problem, so far.  Chubs is the same age as her youngest brother, so they kind of get along with the video games.
    I almost wish I could move the walls around and make more and smaller rooms right now.  Boy has an extremely long room, Chubs room is almost as big as the garage below it.  Our bedroom is split into two rooms in some of the floorplans we saw when we were building our house, in order to have a bedroom and a reading/TV room in the same room.  These plans are probably too grandiose, but at least I'm not thinking I am going to lose everything like I was last week.  I believe I will probably walk away with my ego bruised, but no physical damage, as long as the worst is behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment