Tuesday, June 27, 2017

6/27/17 Green Is A Bold Color For A Room Chubs?

    Chubs changed rooms about six months ago upstairs.  I held him down as much as I could, I really wanted that room for my own.  In the model home which was the same floor plan as ours, it was open and the pool table fit perfectly in there, with room for small tables and a bar.  I even imagined tearing a hole in the wall and making the huge closet a bar I could work from, keep all the liquor in a closet when not in use.  Chubs did the math and figured the room was a little bigger than his room, so he jumped over, abandoned the twin bed he had and took over the king size bed in that room.
    Since I had plans it would be my room, it was painted longhorn orange a long time ago.  I intended for that color to stay, but little turd nugget started complaining he would rather have any other color than orange.  He is a walking hemorrhoid, and won't stop until he accomplishes what he needs.  We finally discussed what color he would prefer at Home Depot and he locked in on green.  I am not a fan of green, but what are you gonna do?
    I chose a green I could live with and bought the high end paint that promises one coat to cover the previous color.  I found it hard to believe that the paint accomplished this as the orange was very thick and beautiful.  The can of paint floated around the house since the school year ended, I hesitated to start because he has so much junk on his walls. 
    This Sunday, he left with Wife to visit my folks and I said enough is enough, I will do this while he is gone.  I took down everything from the two walls that looked the easiest and proceeded to start.  I painted from about 1:00am until 6:00am, it always takes longer than planned, but I made the room look different, for sure.  I have about a third of a can and two more walls.  I think I am going to do three walls in green and then a different color for the remaining wall.  It is too much green, it feels weird.  The computer at Home Depot had the green matched with a cream color and black.  Black would look bad ass, but I definitely want a second opinion, these colors are aggressively bold.
    I can't say much, I painted my bedroom a blue the color of Dr. Who's TARDIS and it is still sitting with that color thirty two years later.  My brother has had the room, he could have painted it, but when you are lazy....
    Boy is kicking the ground wondering when he can paint his room now.  Dammit, it all turns into work for me.  I do like a little change.  Now that I am about done spending money on my leg, I want to refocus and spend money on the house, such as installing wood floors starting in a couple months.

No comments:

Post a Comment