Wednesday, June 28, 2017

6/28/17 Every Man For Himself?

    It has been a weird week without Chubs or Wife here.  Usually, I have structure from having to go to bed quickly after I drop off Chubs at school knowing I have less than 6-7 hours before I have to go pick him up.  He is done with summer school and school at this point, so we thought it would be a good idea for him to go visit with Wife and hang out with his cousins from my side of the family.  According to Wife, he has had a good time, although they are working him.  His cousins are little jocks, so Wife says he is outside catching football, and playing basketball.
    Back to us here in Austin.  Boy took the week off from work, as he thought he would be getting called to start at a new place, but he has not gotten called, although he heard from friends that he did get hired.  I guess since he isn't working, he is hanging out with extra power, however that happens.  He had friends over Monday afternoon and they just seemed to be watching cartoons waiting for some girl I had not met before.  Once this new girl showed up Monday afternoon, they left to go eat.  I was left to enjoy leftovers from Saturday night.  It kind of sucked, but it was free.  I did the same thing Monday night when I came home from work, ate more leftovers.
    Today was more of the same.  I can't see myself going and getting a burger or something expensive when I know I can eat a peanut butter sandwich and fill up.  I really need one of the kids to tell me they are hungry before I'll go spend for fast food.
    For a second, I thought Boy had manned up and dealt with the trash can out on the street all by himself.  Nope, I came home for lunch and saw it sticking out behind the A/C in front of the gate.  I had to remind him to take it to the back yard.
    I was going to continue cleaning Chub's room and move things around to continue painting, but then the girl that came to hang with Boy and his friends decided she was going to sleep in there.  This messed up my plans a little bit but I plan to continue today.  I would like to have it all done before they get back on Thursday evening.  I am not looking forward to breaking up his bed and removing the TV from the wall, but it's the only way, I guess.  Boy had his friends there all day Tuesday as well, but they were gone by the evening when I came home for lunch.  Today might be the two of us, he already said he managed to pick up a shift from someone else for Thursday, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment