Wednesday, June 7, 2017

6/7/17 Crazy Ass Tuesday?

    Tuesday started out like any other day.  I was supposed to get up with my alarm clock at 3:00pm and get my truck ready to sell at Carmax.  I did not jump out of bed, actually, Wife ended up calling me around 4:00pm wondering what I was doing.  I told her I was asleep, and thanks for waking me up, sarcastically.  I remembered we did talk about it and I had meant to be up and moving around by then, so I got up and headed outside.  I turned the truck 180 degrees so the tailgate faced the house, I sold the truck but kept the fifth wheel hitch and it is not a light piece of metal.  It is solid iron and easily over 100-150 pounds.  I almost managed to fall with it on top of me.  As I lifted it and took a step back from the truck, my Croc caught the edge of the cement that steps up into the garage.  If I hadn't thrown the other foot back and basically dropped the hitch straight down, I might have gone backwards and dropped the thing on my legs, like I haven't had enough problems with either one lately.  Chubs came outside just in time to see me in a panic, and he has the balls to tell me he is doing all the hard work because I told him to go get me some bags to collect all the stuff from inside the truck.
    About this time Girlie got home and was asking me about how many stamps to put on an envelope, she got a speeding ticket over the weekend and was filing whatever she needs to do to take defensive driving.  I told her it looked like a normal letter and one stamp should be enough.  Chubs and I kept cleaning the truck, it went fairly fast.  Just as I was walking back in to go take a quick shower and go take the truck, Girlie comes out to the garage crying that she is in pain holding on to the door.  I was sure she was going to pass out, but where she was I could not really help her.  She managed to take baby steps out into the garage and I prompted her to get in the truck.  It must have took 5 minutes for her to get across the garage and into the truck.  Meanwhile Chubs ran in twice to get her some sandals and then to get her purse.
    We got to the hospital as quickly as we could, I called her mom and Wife while on the way.  Her step-dad happened to call her and she handed me the phone, she was in too much pain to talk, I told him where we were headed.  I got her off and in the emergency doors and she got some paperwork to fill out.  I then went out to move my truck from the emergency lane.  By the time I walked back her folks were there.  I said hi to everybody and since she wasn't alone, I figured I could leave, not wanting to be some weird third wheel.
    I called Wife who had just made it home and told her to meet me at Carmax.  In my rush to be a hero, I forgot the spare keys to the truck I sold and the paperwork they had given me.  Wife had all that, and the rest is history.  I no longer own the truck, and I have enough money to pay off the RV.  Taking care of those two things goes a long way to helping us be more comfortable financially, which is the reason I did it.  I didn't make it in to work until a little after 8:00pm, but it was a lot to do.  I thought Girlie might be kept overnight, but by the time I went and took a shower and dressed after eating a quick burger, she was already home.  The doctor told her she either had a muscle contraction or she passed a kidney stone.  Either way, it was a harrowing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment