Saturday, June 24, 2017

6/25/17 A Day To Relax In The New Era?

    It has been a whirlwind ride the last couple of months and with no place to stop and just be ourselves.  Each weekend it seems that we have obligations making us reach outside of ourselves.  We had the graduation, end of school year, boy interviewing, boy going to Dallas, folks coming to visit, going out for Father's Day. 
    Today, we finally hit the brakes and relaxed.  Wife specifically told me not to wake her, so as I usually do on Saturday mornings, I got up around 10:30am and started heading down to drink a cup of coffee and scan the internet.  Wife caught me before I came down and suggested we go eat breakfast.  I didn't really feel up to it, as I really wanted a cup of coffee after all the excitement the night before running to San Antonio and back.  Wife then suggested tacos from Bill Miller and I said sure, if I can stay home and chill.  Boy was walking in about that point, seems like the newest Transformers movie is a dud, he said the theater was mostly empty, they sent him home early.  He was good enough to go with his mama to get the tacos.
    We ate like a happy family, jus the four of us, our two renters were asleep (he has a 2nd job as a bouncer on the weekends) and with her family (she has been visiting her folks more, recently).  After eating, Wife suggested I go watch Moana in the bedroom with her and Chubs.  I said "if I do, I will be asleep in two minutes".  I stayed on the laptop a little longer, but went upstairs eventually.  Sure enough, I rolled Chubs off my spot on the bed, and within minutes I was out.
    Wife woke me around 4:30pm and eventually we headed towards Kyle, Boy said he would join us if we went to Cabela's and also got ice cream (which we did at Baskin Robbins after), so we did.  We then went to Lowe's,  where I bought a new pump to drain the hot tub, it had gone brown on me and with my leg still not waterproof, I cannot be getting my injury wet.  We then headed to HEB and loaded up for the week.  Wife wanted hamburgers and hot dogs.  Grilling is always ok by me.  Boy was told to stock up since Chubs is finally done with his summer enrichment program for math, he is going on vacation.  He is headed to Visit my folks and cousins for the week with Wife.  It is only fair for him to go and be with mama a couple weeks, let me breath for a bit.
    I told Boy he is on his own, if I feel like sleeping, I will sleep, if I feel like going into work early, I don't want to have to worry about him.  He is a big boy and should find stuff to do with his friends, not that he usually relies on me.
    It was a nice day, I bought that pump and actually cleaned the hot tub without using a bucket and my back to remove the old dingy water.  It went a little slower, but eventually, all the water was sucked out and replaced with new fresh water.  I put some chlorine in it for tonight, but I will go buy some bromine when I get the chance.  I also bought a new toaster for the kitchen, the kind that will toast a small plate, we have needed one of these for a while.  It feels nice to have a couple nickels in my wallet and buying stupid shit like the voracious Americans we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment