Saturday, May 27, 2017

5/28/17 A Year Apart?

    School has just about finished, Wife had her graduation night Friday night, good or bad, there were about 38 graduates and that ended the school year over there.  When she goes back on Tuesday, it will be in summer mode, which means ten hour days, but only four days a week.  I like that she will be up here one more day during the weekends.  Boy finished his classes about a week ago, passed everything, and is trying to work himself into a full forty week schedule, specially because we are asking for him to help us pay for part of his vehicle, at least through the summer.  Chubs has two more days of school, a week off and then he is doing a summer enrichment program for math.  It should keep him busy for a couple weeks, at least.
    So now I can ask "did I like this past year?"  Not particularly.  At the start of the year, when Wife left, I had visions of buying me a high dollar kayak and just enjoying being me.  I had my new truck, I was going to be a fisherman dude, work wasn't demanding too much of me, and I still had a spring in my step.  Wife was starting on a path which I still think is important for her, which is to be a director wherever they will take her to get the experience to hopefully come back.  I still support her doing this.  Chubs was going with mama to go to school in Crystal City and Boy prefers hanging with his friends more than bothering with me.
    It took me about three weeks hearing Chubs saying he missed me and he would do whatever for me to break down and realize I missed having him here too.  He came back, Boy has his friends, but he is a worse homebody than me, and he just seems to be around the house, all the time.  I got my freak accident on my leg, which just totally ruined any ideas of being around open waters, so no fishing for this fat boy.
    During the year, I got two renters, Girlie, and Boy's friend, I thought this was going to be the free money for my wallet, or to help pay for my Rolex addiction, or that high dollar kayak, but no.  My company is going through some troubled waters mostly from buying shit we didn't need in Boston, but our pays were cut, and now this fun money which has been medical bills money will now barely keeping me afloat while we figure out the next step.
    Basically, things are the same as always, except Wife is not around for the occasional quickie during the week.  She comes through like a hurricane wanting the house cleaned this and that.  It never looks that bad to me.  We can do another year, but she needs to learn to chill out when she is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment