Saturday, May 6, 2017

5/6/17 Empty Vessel Parents?

    I absolutely hate parents that don't parent.  How hard is it to tell your stupid kid to stop with the stupid shit in a crowded venue?  I did not re-arrange my schedule to sit next to your dopey 3-4 year old and have him act like an animal, all the while, you never even look their way or act like they are your kids.
    Chubs had a music recital on Thursday night and normally, I would have attended and not made any big deal, probably go have dinner afterwards to celebrate.  The problem was that I just spent the last three weeks at home with my leg up in the air rehabilitating after my skin graft.  I hated having to tell my supervisor "I'll be out tonight for a couple hours."  I didn't have much of a choice.  Wife is three hours away and Boy said he had a final until 4:00pm.  Boy was back in time to go with us, and I could have sent the two of them, but I don't miss out on activities, considering we have so few.
    The concert was in the gym, like last time, and as far as the band goes, they did great.  Took me back to my days of being in the band.  The only problem is that I was sitting amongst some ignorant Mexicans.  There was the proud papa, the mother (more concerned about her husband than her 5-6 kids), then the younger kids, at least three and an older one, there had to be at least one in the band for them to be there.  These two rabbits never looked at the kids, never told them to shut up, I think the dad might have even encouraged the dense kid clapping after everyone stopped clapping and the band was going into the next song.  The miniature buffoon just kept clapping after everyone stopped.
    The gym is kind of small, there is only a thin section of bleachers, maybe 6 rows total.  I chose to sit on the topmost so I could lean back and elevate my leg on the next set of bleachers below us.  I looked for the emptiest area and headed there.  Of course, this particular family running in late, saw the space around us and filled it quick.  The youngest daughter sat in front of Boy first and then attempted to use his leg as a backrest.  I laughed because as soon as she touched Boy, he jumped back signaling to the little idiot, no way.  The older son was to my left and he was not interested in being there, he ran outside and back a couple times.  On one of them, all the siblings followed and I thought good.  I was focused on them because I was worried they were going to hit my leg with all their nervous energy.
    Once the band started they came back, of course, and the little girl sat next to Boy and started like she was conducting the band.  The movement was small at first, and by halfway through the song she was standing and getting more deliberate.  My thought was that she was going to knock the phone out of Boy's hand, and I kept looking over at the parents who could give two shits about any of their kids.  Finally, when I could see her hands and head bopping in the camera I gave her one of my "hey!!" and "no!" with clenched teeth.  I pointed to her to scoot the fuck back and she looked back like I was playing with her.  I kept nodding my head no and kept an ugly look on my face.  She managed to cut the shit, but shouldn't all this have been done by the parents?  The two grown idiots never reacted, although most people heard me snap.  These are the kind of people giving Mexicans a bad name.  Ton of kids, don't pay attention to them out in public, probably don't even understand English.  Why learn the language, the school bends over backwards to teach all their Juanitos and Marias in Spanish.  Assholes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment