Thursday, May 4, 2017

5/5/17 Why Do People Go Where They Are Not Wanted?

    I was at the gas station this morning and couldn't help but be informed about some American arrested in North Korea for something or other.  My reaction as I am standing there on American soil two miles from my house looking for bums who might come out of the bushes to beg for money is WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING GOING TO AN ENEMY OF AMERICA?!?!?!  These idiots get themselves in trouble overseas and suddenly we have to care about their situation.  It was bad enough in North Korea when we knew of the two Americans imprisoned for (1) trying to steal a banner from a lobby, pow fifteen years and (2) another genius accused of spying and other offenses.  We are supposed to care? 
    When we were little, we used to cross the border there in Eagle Pass, Texas, which is about 45 minutes from our hometown.  It was fun, I remember, we would walk in the "Mercado" where it was like a flea market with newish stuff.  You could buy all sorts of cool trinkets like Mexican sombreros or those goofy leather sandals.  It was part of our youth, my folks enjoyed going down there, my dad talks of taking my mom late at night to eat at some fancy place close to the bridge, great story, I know.  Now that the gangs have screwed up the atmosphere and Mexico sounds like a third world country, do you think I would end up over there accidentally or on purpose?  No, I have half a brain and I know I am not wanted. 
    I don't care how much nostalgia or that your grandparent's lived over there, some places should be marked NO!  I am sure Iraq has a lot to show, but you couldn't give me a free trip down there, same for the rest of the middle east, and I would love to see some pyramids.  I had a coworker who was going to that part of the world as much as twice a year, if something bad ever happened, were we supposed to feel bad for him afterwards?  I hate shit that don't make sense. 
    I only pump gas once a week, I should not be entertained by stories of people getting in trouble in a place we already dubbed one of the "axis of evils".  The last time I got gas, I was entertained by a story of a couple who went up in the mountains of Nepal (Himalayas mountains) and were lost for forty seven days.  My first question is always why?  In a large group, maybe, but as a couple, no fucking way.  Reminded me of the story of the vegans who went up Mount Everest.  She insisted on not eating meat, the male, a little smarter, decided to put away his silly shenanigans and eat some animal.  Guess who survived the brutal conditions up in the mountain?

No comments:

Post a Comment