Saturday, May 20, 2017

5/20/17 School Is Almost Over For Chubs?

    This has been our weirdest year, with Wife not here, and us taking in not one but two separate renters, our life is looking much different than it did even a couple years ago.  Chubs has been a trooper, when he came back and begged me to give him a chance to stay here and he wouldn't be a winnie, I was hesitant, but I am glad we took that chance.  I remember the first few weeks when school started, Boy was off in his own world, as he usually is, and I did not have much to distract me, originally we thought it would be best for Chubs if he went to Crystal to be close with Wife.  Ever since Boy was in kinder, I have picked them up and usually we go eat somewhere with Boy we had Jack in The Box, Sonic, Sam's (when it was on I-35), and other places around our old house.  With Chubs, we have had more choices because we live by Southpark Meadows.
    This is when we have our best discussions, many of my blogs come from what we talk about, and I am glad he did come back, otherwise, I would have missed out on a lot.  If he decides to go with Wife down to my folk's house to accompany Wife for a week at a time during the summer, it won't be a big deal.
    You can tell when school is fixing to end because the field trips start, and what little homework used to come to the house doesn't, anymore.  This week, he went to two field trips, one in town, to go see some graduates get their colors, and Friday they went to San Antonio Zoo.  All I know is that it was great, Wife took a day off, came up Thursday night and joined him.  I didn't have to get up in the morning to take him to school or in the afternoon to pick him, it was great, considering I decided to work two extra days this week to make up the time I owed my supervisor when I was off messing with my leg.  I still need to make up one more day after tonight (Friday night), possibly next week.
    I really feel like I need a vacation, like getting out of Austin, but with our new pay cut, I don't even know how that is going to happen.  I was thinking earlier tonight of maybe camping in a tent, but close enough to an outlet to take a small room air conditioner to cool the inside of the tent, because I can rough it a little, but I am no true outdoorsman. 
    I do like my boys free for the summer to stay up and take it easy.  I like them being up when I come home at night for dinner, making the house feel more alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment