Thursday, May 25, 2017

5/25/17 What Goes Up, Must Come Down?

    We were all lied to growing up.  Work hard and you will be rewarded.  I am starting to think that is bullshit to get the few of us stupid enough to believe to go along with this nonsensical shit.  I have done nothing but work hard, for what, we were told a couple weeks ago we were all going to get a pay cut.  Instead of doing it diplomatically and at least everyone getting a 10% or 15% cut, they decided to weigh everyone independently. 
    I thought I was being helpful when I offered myself to the chemistry group, since the imaging group has been so lackluster lately.  Here is the smooth way they then turned my generosity into a dull dildo and shoved it right back where the sun doesn't shine.  My salary was then compared to "chemists" in the industry, instead of engineers and word is that chemists make less, so my salary was cut, not once, but twice.  They also made the announcement that all people on nightshift will instead of getting 15% extra will now only get 5%.  That sounds freaking awesome if there were still thousands of us, it might make a savings, but there is only myself left on nightshift.  Apart from the 15% pay cut other day-shifters took, I also had the awesome experience of being hit twice and also lost an additional 10%, so my check is down a whopping 24% from the last normal one.
    Of course, the battle cry is "at least you have a job."  Yeah, but it does not seem fair.  We all make different salaries, it is not my fault every time we got raises, I always managed to do well and got myself up to the top of the list.  This bullshit way of just stripping me is like saying "you got too big for your britches, Boy, let's see you start over."
    There isn't shit to do about it, I'm not even sure if we'll be here as a company in a year the way everyone walks around depressed.  We have a couple of home run opportunities, but we still insist on thinking small.  With a reduced headcount and work piling up, they still insist on no OT.  How the hell are you going to impress new customers if they have to sit and wait for their data? 
    Maybe some people needed to go, and I could agree that maybe our labor costs are high, but something like that should be across the board, not picking the higher paid people and shitting on them.  I am upset right now, I really don't want to lose my truck, but if I can't balance my bills starting tomorrow, it'll be the first thing to go.  All I can say, is thank you roomies, their money appears to be the difference right now, in my theoretical calculations.

No comments:

Post a Comment