Tuesday, May 30, 2017

5/30/17 Uber As My Hero?

    If it comes to this, I hope my first passenger is my boss.  The fuck I go and get a college degree if I can't keep my shit unless I take on a second job.  I am fast running out of time and have some decisions to make.  With the raping I got in regards to my pay, I have a few choices to make to stay as I am.  I can hope and pray that something good happens by itself, maybe Wife gets a huge promotion to come back to Austin or somewhere else, maybe we get the contract we've been waiting for and all of a sudden we get some much needed overtime.  This is not the best way to go about things, Wife says I should be proactive, not reactive.  If I am going to be proactive, I have a couple of choices.  First and foremost is probably selling my truck, which I love, but at almost $700 a month, it has to go to stay within the budget we had a month ago.  This only gets me halfway to my goal, as my pay was cut $1300.  Luckily, I still have some old AMD stock and I can sell it and pay off my RV which I owe less than a year on.  This and the truck puts me at about $1100 when you include insurance.  We also called our insurance and dropped some unneeded things like rental car if we can't drive ours, and we are returning some cable boxes, which together save us another $50-60 bucks.  I may still be short $150-200, I will figure elsewhere to thin things.
    Wife woke me Sunday morning saying the governor had overturned the ruling on Uber and Lyft, they can both operate here in the city, so anyone with a car can transport drunk people and people that don't like owning cars.  I have mixed feelings about this, first because I don't generally like people, and watching some horrible people refusing to get off people's cars and needing proof of their bad behavior for the cops, so setting up your vehicle with cameras seems like a pain in the ass.  The fact that I could target just the evenings when people are running around downtown, such as Thursday and Friday, could be good.  If I could make a couple hundred bucks on Thursday and Fridays, things could still be good.  I still want to keep my truck, but I don't see it happening without some miracle and pronto.
    Wife says I should explore other companies in the area doing what I do, and I already looked, but none of the jobs call for my specific knowledge.  I will keep an eye out, though.  She says my bottom is always to work as a teacher, she could even get me in over there at her school district, but I am afraid I would shoot myself in the head, if I had to go back to Crystal a fucking loser with nothing to show but a U-haul full of old shit and a pocket full of disappointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment