Wednesday, August 10, 2016

8/11/16 Guns And Ammo?

    The times they are a changing.  I used to think I was anti guns, they scared me, honestly, but in this day and age, either you carry to defend or hope the cops just happen to be around.  This thought was born just a couple days ago, when Boy's friend came over, he was carrying a handgun in a holster riding a bit high up near to his armpits.  This is the kid who has decided to join the army, he always wanted to join the Marines, but they told him no because of all his tattoos.  That makes no sense to me, a young man can join your group where he stands a higher percentage than being a civilian that he will be fired upon by enemy forces, but only if he has never had ink placed under his skin.  Stupidity on both sides, I told him to cut it out with the tattoos, but of course, nobody listens to me.  Still, his tattoos are as American as apple pie.  A barb wire, an eagle and a Texas state on the arms.  He is a mess further in, but that is all in people's taste.  I especially don't like seeing them on pretty girls, guys aren't judged the same way, sorry, but it is true.  Anyways...
    I looked over to Boy and said you're all gun this and that, get your license to carry.  If there is ever an asshole on campus trying to cause mayhem, I hope he is filled with holes from all directions from citizens with concealed carry licenses.  Teach a sumbitch to start with himself if he wants to kill a bunch of people.  I have to agree with the pro gun guys that you can't be the bully on the playground with a gun if you don't know who else on that playground might also be packing.
    Not knowing much about handguns, last Christmas I bought Boy a small Smith and Wesson because he was going to get certified to conceal carry and this was about the smallest of the 9mm versions they had.  Apparently, the gun is too small for his hand, so I told him to give it to Wife, she needs to learn to carry it and shoot it now that she is going to be running back and forth so far away.  I need to take Boy in with me to Cabela's and just let him choose although I know that means he'll end up with something twice as expensive as what Santa bought him.  I think I even want a revolver for me in the near future.  Boy jokes I should get the 50 cal handgun, but I'd be scared it would break my wrist if I wasn't careful, it is a large handgun.  I will stick with the Smith and Wesson name as it is a popular brand, and I don't want to skimp on something that could save my life one day.  I like the idea of getting a size that will shoot the .410 shotgun shells, as a shot of pellets will spread and hit a larger path, and if shot inside the house, hopefully be contained within to avoid hurting someone outside.  I would of course want a couple solid rounds in there because we've all seen the videos, somebody out of their minds on drugs isn't going to stop just because you put a hole in him.  I still have to decide between the simplicity of a revolver with only 5 or 6 rounds, or a magazine option which could mean as many as 12 rounds, but uhh, even cops who handle these guns fuck up all the time and unintentionally shoot when they didn't mean to.

No comments:

Post a Comment