Wednesday, August 10, 2016

8/10/16 Sounds Like My Brother Is Gone?

    I don't know what exactly happened, but all of a sudden my brother comes up this weekend with news that he is considering going back home.  He has only been in Austin through the summer, and I don't think he has tried very hard at all to get a better paying job than shitty ass re-stocker at Wal-Mart.  Wife kept suggesting a few different jobs, and as much as he says he wants this and that, he won't actually apply for the jobs.  I really feel like breaking a computer over his head, because he can say his computer is super slow, but then he has no problem sitting all night in Boy's room playing whatever video games they play.
    My idiot family will say that I am just interested in taking rent from him, but that is not it.  I really wanted to see him succeed, he has a degree, and he is a smart person, he just lacks self confidence.  This is the second time he has lived with us, but I am not even sure he was into being here.  He may have come to get away from my brother's constant busting balls about him not working.  For some weird reason, my mom would rather have him home unemployed thinking about what he is going to do than letting him have a shitty job like he does here paying me rent.
    He says he is going to try and be a substitute teacher back in Crystal City.  If he uses this as a means to become a teacher and then maybe some day even an administrator, then I give him my full support.  If he is going to flounder around and waste everyone's time, then I don't understand what my mom was thinking, because this has her name all over it.  He flatly told me he has no plans to go back to school, but maybe a couple semesters would do him good.  His degree is in criminal justice, which I don't think can be used to teach any specific class, but maybe with a couple semesters he could be fully qualified to teach History or Social Studies.  At the very least, he will need to get teacher certified eventually or he will just be substitute teacher, and that does not pay quite the same as what teachers make.  As a substitute, he said they would be paying him from $70 to $100 a day.  If he becomes certified, I frequently hear teachers starting in the $45k region.
    Oh well, the big city is not for everybody.  I love living up here, even with Wife and Chubs not here with me during the next year or two, I simply see it as a temporary challenge.  I love having variety to eat in all the restaurants, having access to the mall and shopping if we need anything.  I love the lakes, Lake Travis and Canyon Lake, both about 40 min away, and Decker Lake about 20 min away.  Of course, my brother is welcome to go and come back, as he wants, but it is only fair, in any real world, rent must be paid.  Hmm, now I am going to have two empty guest rooms, if only I could get some hotties to move in and walk around half-naked for me, that would definitely help me survive living alone while Boy goes back to his college apartment, now my brother goes back home, and Wife and Chubs are living away... waah!

No comments:

Post a Comment