Tuesday, August 9, 2016

8/9/16 They All Cower Before My Sting?

    So it's a couple weeks before school starts, Wife has been pretty much hyped up to work since we got back from Florida, just one slight thing went through the cracks, until today.  Chubs had a few immunization shots he needed in order to register for school.  Since I don't do anything during the day, why don't I get off my fat ass and go spend a couple hours with the less fortunate and wait to see a doctor.  It's not that bad, but I still was surrounded by what I assume are stay at home moms and their kids.  This wouldn't bother me too much if I didn't remember Wife sleeping away like three weeks before she left.  She could have dealt with this bullshit any of those days, and let me sleep.
    Anyways, nobody cares about that.  We usually go to CVS and take care of stuff like this.  I like how the further west you go on Slaughter, the blonder the hair gets on people.  It was one blond mama after another, except for the weirdo in pink hair, but this is Austin.  It was not that packed but everybody that went in there took like 40 minutes.  Maybe it was due to them running on one physician's assistant, or it is not close enough for registration of student's here to be in a rush.
    It turned out Chubs was due for 4 immunizations, two were mixed together, so he got a total of three shots.  He could have got a fourth shot for the flu, but my insurance said no and I was being cheap, and did not feel like paying $35 for a shot that in the past I feel has made me sick for a 50/50 chance of not getting sick. 
    My big hammy is up to 225 pounds and standing at 5ft 2in at age 11.  He is going to be a lot of man when he grows up.  Just this weekend, both Wife and Chubs were standing in the bathroom barefoot and I commented to her that he was already taller than her.  She had always said she was 5ft 3in, so when the nurse/PA was going to measure him I said 5ft 4in, she said nope.  So, either wife has been lying trying to sneak a couple inches on me, or gravity has started doing what it does and it has started the shrinking process on her.  Back to the shots, they came fast once she set them up as shots from the little bottles.  I wanted to catch him in the action, but she was quite fast and even caught him talking mid sentence and boom.  First shot was out of the way.  On the second shot, I noticed she had to lean into it, and Chubs was hurt by it.  She said yeah, that one tends to burn, it goes in thick.  She didn't let him think about it too much, she put it down and struck him a third time.  All poor Chubs could do was flex his arms back and forth.  At least he didn't cry.  She got all our paperwork in order and we were on our way at like 4:45pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment