Thursday, August 25, 2016

8/26/16 Working For The Weekend?

    That song has never been more appropriate than now, thanks, Loverboy.  It does feel like I am working for the weekend since during the week I am just counting down to when Wife and Chubs will return and planning to see how much we can do in the roughly forty three hours they are here. 
    Planning is key, can't spend the weekend arguing over cleaning the house, so just lower the head, shut up and do all the shitty chores, as they say in the movies "all I wanna see is elbows and assholes".  But once the house is clean, run to the store and get anything that is needed so we don't waste time getting stupid crap.  Today, I went out and got a new bottle of dish detergent, two new packages of Dial soap.  Since Chubs is planning a sleepover with his buddies from last year, I got him some sodas and Cheetos.  He also requested Doritos, so I will get those tomorrow when I go get him pizzas from Papa Murphy's.  If all goes well, there will be no running around, just us relaxing while he entertains his buddies up in his room.  The sleepover will eat up Friday night, which is fine, Wife and I can go to our bedroom early and she likes to sit and catch up on her DVR shows while I am up, usually writing the next day's blog.  Then maybe a little hot dog assembly time for a few minutes with Wifey.
    Saturday we'll get up after 1pm or so, depending on how late we were up the night before.  This Saturday we have an appointment to talk to the solar vendor again, hopefully get Wife to buy in.  Boy and I could not find flaws in going with it.  We should be done by 3pm or so, then we might go hunting for a couple more shirts/shorts for Chubs.  He has a specific dress code, and so far he only has 5 shirts and four shorts for school.  I like a couple more pieces, just in case.  I am sure we will visit the mall and check out Dillard's and stuff.
    If we are lucky, Boy will have gotten us some tickets to catch a movie late Saturday night, which of course, will have us sleeping late again on Sunday morning.  That is fine, we have been sneaking in a lunch and then my peeps are gone again for the week.  Last week was Don Dario's with my folks for brunch.  This week maybe Mod Pizza or Zaxby's for their chicken, it is so yummy.
    Next weekend will be Labor Day weekend, so they will be here an extra day, which we are already talking about maybe going to Katy Mills Mall, it is right outside Houston and it is fun because it has the Bass Pro Shops attached to it.  Plus it is only two hours away, perfect for a day trip.  And then the Longhorns play their first game of the season against Notre Dame on Sunday.  Weird but perfect for my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment