Sunday, August 21, 2016

8/21/16 My Birthday Weekend?

    Today is my birthday, hip hip hazzah!  My folks came up with my brother to help celebrate the special occasion.  I am at a point in life where a birthday is just a point of reflection, not really a cause to celebrate and rock out. 
    Friday night, I decided I wanted to grill some meat so we wouldn't have to leave the house.  Wife had to run back to Crystal City from  La Pryor to pick up Chubs.    My Mom had said they would be traveling possibly together with Wife or following right behind.  But alas, I know my mother and I knew they wouldn't be packed and might even need to run a load in the washing machine.  Wife got here right before 8pm and my folks were here an hour later.  Boy had his crew here, we all ate about 9:30pm.
    Saturday, Wife and I had to move fast in the morning.  We had a timeshare which we decided we were not going to pay anymore after the second Spring Break of having trouble getting a condo to stay in.  Once we stopped paying, the calls started and got more and more aggressive.  I just do not answer my phone anymore.  Anyway, last Saturday, we got a letter in the mail saying if we responded within 7 business days, we would be removed of any financial obligation.  This is the kind of letter you don't ignore.  The only problem is that it required a notary and Wife is three hours away.  For anyone needing the service of a notary, UPS stores, such as the one on Slaughter Lane and Manchaca, have a notary working there daily, while they are open.
    We then ran home, knowing our letter was in the mail and will be delivered by Monday afternoon, 1 day early.  We ran up to North Austin to pick up blankets that Wife hands out to needy kids.  We then headed back south to Teacher Heaven, my Mom wanted to shop for decorations for her room.  Instead of an office, she has been given a classroom, so she has considerably a lot more space to fill and decorate.  Boy then called that he was home, so we had to go pick him up, just as it started to rain and hard.  By the time we got home, we had lost power to the house.  Seemed appropriate, as I was about out of power myself, I came and laid down, Wife followed, Boy fell asleep, even my Mom napped.  The power was out for about an hour.  I got up to pee and all of a sudden, Chubs yelled, indicating the power was back on.
    We then headed to the mall.  Chubs got a haircut and a shirt at Buckle, Boy got a couple pants at Buckle and I hemmed and hawed about getting a table saw for my birthday.  Wife talked me out of it, because that is what she does.  We then drove home to pick up my brother, my Dad is still alive, but refuses to leave the house for dinner once the sun sets.  We ate at Longhorn Steakhouse because it is the closest thing to the house that qualifies as a nice dinner.  Happy Birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment