Friday, August 19, 2016

8/19/16 Rattling The Pans?

    Slowly but surely, I am becoming a full human.  I have even been using the stovetop and cooking a few things here and there.  I can't live on grilled cheese sandwiches, but they are delicious and so, I am making those regularly.  Yesterday, I found SPAM single serving sizes at Target, so I bought a few just to check it out later.  I was going to take Boy with me to eat today, even had a coupon for Jersey Mike's, two regular subs, two drinks, and two chips for $14.99, but he had a friend over and he wasn't interested.  Chubs was always interested in lunch.  Just saying.
    I decided to try my SPAM singles.  Put a skillet on medium heat, cut the 2 SPAM singles and slapped a slice of provolone cheese over the top once I had turned them over a couple times.  Set up some toast, and I had a new tub of Pringles.  I might just convince myself I am eating better than before.  I just realized this is the sad scenario that happens to men when they divorce, all of a sudden they are taking care of themselves and eating shitty quick fix foods.  At least mine is not because I have been cast aside, it's because I am greedy and wanted Wife making more money.
    I have never been the cooking kind.  I remember back in my UT days, my roommate liked cooking, he would make normal meals and I would wash the dishes and what not.  If he wasn't around and I was fending for myself, I would very readily eat a can of tuna with a little mayo, or resort to cereals, I still rely on cereals a lot.  I have Chocolate Chex and Apple Jacks for variety right now.  Between this and the occasional stop at Whataburger, I will be fine.  I turned off into Whataburger tonight, but there were ten cars in the drive thru, I looked at Jack In The Box and the same thing.  I ended up driving through Southpark Meadows and just coming home.
    I may not do well inside cooking, but I think I do very well on the grill outside.  I am supposed to grill up some meat for tonight.  My folks are coming up, along with Wife and Chubs.  I figure I'll get the usual mix of meat: some fajitas, a little pork, some chicken wings, sausage, corn on the cob, and a couple potatoes or potato salad.  I love the crispy parts, they don't even make it inside, I will just rip pieces off and eat them right off the grill.  Is there a better smell in the world than the smell of meat cooking on the grill?  I'm not asking you silly vegetarians who do not appreciate a good steak, I am asking my peeps here that enjoy real food, not food that food eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment