Thursday, August 4, 2016

8/4/16 Why Don't We Get Summers Off?

    I was left thinking yesterday.  It used to be Wife got about two months off from work during the summer when school let out.  I always thought it sucked for her coworkers because she would get time off and everyone else was left behind to continue working.  All of a sudden, she is doing the same thing, and her being gone actually makes me feel like I don't get a summer off. 
    With her in the house and getting up at two in the afternoon, there was no mistaking that we were in the middle of summer and that somehow this time was different.  Now that she is a Big Fart over there, she will not get summer off, which I think kind of sucks, but hey, what about us?  We don't even get a week or two off, and really, I think it would benefit us all to shut down for a little while.  We almost do it during the Christmas break, we are mostly allowed to take as much time as we want.  I have always been a whore for the almighty dollar, but this might be when I finally start changing.  It doesn't help that we are not very busy and I honestly feel like I am stuck in Groundhog Day prepping the same goddam sample every night.
    Who would it hurt if we shut down for a week?  Would we lose money, would our customers understand and be willing to wait?  They wait when a tool goes down and it takes a few days to fix it.  I am probably just babbling, I got up around 3:00pm and went to eat lunch with Chubs and uhhh, that heat just farts in your face when you open the front door.  I sit in my truck, and the thermometer reads 104 or 105.  Fuck!!  I hate that it just burns until the truck AC starts really doing it's job.  It sucks that school starts in September, but at least the days of being in the 100s disappear too, so we all wish for September to roll around.  Goodbye summer, hello fall.  At least we have football then too.
    I think I am going to miss Wife's lazy days.  I think I felt her being lazy, she would whisper in my ear to stay home and be lazy with her, although I never actually do it, it still feels freeing that I could.  With her gone and so far away, I am not even sitting down during my lunch break.  I am trying to keep the house in order, so I make something to eat and I clean the kitchen, get the clothes over by the washing machine.  I will try to have all the dirty stuff washed Thursday, so I can put it away Friday afternoon.  That way, Wife doesn't even see it, and yes, I'll be able to say, "I can handle our big house all by my lonesome."

No comments:

Post a Comment