Tuesday, August 30, 2016

8/30/16 Looking Forward To Labor Day Weekend?

    This past weekend went by too fast.  With Wife getting back a little late and Chubs having a sleepover, Friday night was a blur.  Saturday was just spent getting last minute things for school for Chubs.  Sunday always sucks.  Even Chubs had the perfect line to almost make me cry Saturday night.  I went and told him to go to sleep Saturday night, it was about 4:30am.  He said "no, if I go to sleep, I'm just going to wake up and it'll be Sunday and we'll have to go."  He has been a little trooper, but now that he has sampled living here and there, he prefers here.  He likes his quiet carefree life.  Back at my Mom's, there is too much activity all the time.  His last chance at possibly staying here lies in his brother.  Boy still has no apartment, and if today's "interview" does not go well, he will be coming back home.  If he does, it might start the ball rolling for a tiny possibility of Chubs coming back.  I know that I miss my little Hambone, I would put up with the additional work and running around, but ultimately Boy has to be around.  I can't leave him alone every night once I head off to work.  We'll see.
    Labor Day will have them here an additional day though, so we could even do something like go to SeaWorld, which Wife has been wanting to do.  I kind of wanted to go to Katy Mills Mall, I love some shopping, and nothing's better than a giant circular mall.  Even if we don't buy anything, I still love the smell of commerce.  Chubs insists we are just going to stay home, and I might be game for that too, we do run around a lot, and it would be nice to just chill.
    Sunday will be the Longhorns opening day kickoff, and they are playing Notre Dame, so it'll be a night game under the lights, my favorite to grill and watch on the big screen.  This is the third year for Coach Strong, he needs to show an improved team this year, simply winning eight games won't be enough this year, UT has to start being relevant again.  I am excited overall for the college football season to get going, it is the best time of the year to watch TV.  This is why I put up a big screen in the living room.
    Wife will leave Monday, so that makes the weekend a little better, knowing they will be here an extra night.  The extra money has been great, even if at this point we have only seen one check, I know more are coming.  I guess it has to, because it just started, but being without Chubs has been harder than I thought.  I thought, "yeah, I'll be free to do as I want."  But I am boring, I don't do shit.  I have always been about teaching and without him, I have no one to pass on my bits of knowledge to every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment