Thursday, August 18, 2016

8/18/16 Eating Out Alone For The First Time?

    I hate eating in public alone, I avoid it at all costs, but I couldn't today.  Well, maybe I could, but Pizza Hut got the better of me.  I took inventory in our kitchen and we were down to one more serving of cereal, a squirt of milk, 2 or 3 slices of ham, maybe 4 good slices of bread, and down to just diet Pepsi.
    I love those single serving pizzas at Target, and the breadsticks are great, if they are fresh, luckily, they were.  I sat there waiting for my pizza and I could overhear the DumDum having a conversation on the table next to me.  It appeared she was more waiting for a ride than eating there, but there she was, sitting in my favorite table, ruining my day.  I sat on another shitty table, I like the one in the corner because no one sits behind you and you have a view outside.  Her conversation was funny because the "boyfriend" obviously doesn't give a shit about her, but she is going along with his crap.  She wanted him to come pick him up, he was too busy playing video games.  That is a sign future Brainiacs, if the guy prefers to play video games to coming to your rescue, that is a manchild, you should dispose of him properly and find someone better.  I got my pizza and she kept coming at him, but nope, he must have been in a serious tournament with his buddies, good for him.
    I almost offered her a ride, but I needed to shop and I have learned that no good deed goes unpunished.  Helping people, as I have always done, doesn't make me feel better, it makes me see how helpless some people are, always.  People in distress are always the same, so nah, I enjoyed my pizza and went on my shopping. 
    I figured I should text Boy, see if he needed anything in particular, he said sandwich material and sodas.  This pissed me off because I had just decided to get Teas, they were buy 2 twelve packs, get one free.  The sodas were buy 4 twelve packs for $12.  I now had a basket that weighed over 100 pounds and nobody to help get the stuff off the car when I got home.  Everything but the drinks fit in 1 big HEB paper bag, which helped a little.  It still took me three or four trips to get everything off at the house.
    Eating alone was not so bad, I had entertainment from that Twit, I wondered a bit about the bum who was sitting there charging way too many things on a wall outlet, so confidant he even left for a bit, with a laptop and other stuff just left on a table charging.  He had the bum greasy look to him, maybe he wasn't.  I should be good until the weekend, maybe I'll need to run to the store Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment