Thursday, August 25, 2016

8/25/16 A Haven For Misfit Toys?

    I don't know if there is something designating us as the island for the unfortunate or what, but we seem to attract people in need of help.  A couple days ago, another of Boy's friends said he needed to talk to me.  I was on my way to work, but I never refuse these boys when they say they need to see me.  It turns out he did something pretty stupid at home, the details still don't even make sense to me, but apparently he fired his gun at his grandma's residence which is where he was staying and because of that, he was charged with something where he can't go back there for some time.  It was just a couple weeks ago he had come over to talk to us about going off to join the army, but this whole scenario might put the stop to that.
  Since my brother left last week, we have two empty rooms and really, the whole house is empty right now, other than Boy but he starts school in a couple weeks.  I told him he should've come over right away after he said he has been staying in hotels but he can't continue doing that since he had quit his job in anticipation of going off to basic training in a couple weeks.  He said he was starting a job yesterday (Tuesday), so he would have money to pay rent.  I told him if it's for a couple days not to worry about it, but if he decided he wanted/needed to stay longer, then he can pay rent.  I said I feel weird with the rent, but I do charge my brother $600, so that is the going rate.  He mentioned he was talking to his girlfriend who he had broken up with a few weeks ago, which I figure at some point he'll run off to be with her, but I opened my door to him, he has always been a good kid, which we have known since he was in 7th grade with Boy.
    Over the years we have had a few people stay with us, one kid for a whole year while Boy was in high school.  He started slowly coming over, then staying until we'd run him off, then he said his dad didn't want him, so I told him he could stay, I don't know if he was blowing smoke up my ass, but eventually he forgot he was a guest and turned rude and disrespectful, for all we were doing for him, so we told him to leave.
    Girlie has stayed with us for a few weeks at a time over the last couple of years.  I don't think that will happen anymore, as it appears she too has moved along, or gotten smarter about hanging around.  Anyways, I love having the big house, as it affords me the luxury to help people, if I want to.  Other people have said that they thought about asking but felt weird so they didn't.  Don't feel weird, specially if you are a hot chick and have a bad habit of walking around half nekkid, of course I'll help.  It's what good people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment