Sunday, March 6, 2016

3/7/16 One Week Before Spring Break?

    Texas is so big, Spring Break is divided up so not all the students are off at the same time.  Because of this, my folks back home have their Spring Break this week, whereas ours starts next week.  My folks were planning on going to Corpus Christi in their RV as that is what we had been doing for the longest time.  My mom called Friday night, though, and because I am missed like the flowers miss the sun, they chose to come to Austin.  Maybe their RV needed some minor repairs, they brought it along and left it at Crestview yesterday.
    Another reason they decided to come up is because it is supposed to be a rainy week, and the coast isn't much fun when it is constantly raining.  Since they came this way, my sister and her husband came because my nephews love coming up here and playing with Chubs.  Since we got our latest bed, now every room has a king size bed, so everyone has a comfortable place to sleep, and our house is big enough that we are not all crowded in one room.
    It really does suck that our vacations don't line up, but we do the best we can.  My folks came up Saturday around 3:00pm, having to arrive before the service center closed at Crestview RV.  Boy arrived around 3:30pm, Wife around 4:00pm, and my sister and her family around 5:00pm.  There wasn't much to do except go eat.  We went to Longhorn Steakhouse which has become our favorite steak place since Outback closed its doors on Ben White and Lamar.  Dinner was delicious, and we were probably done by 8:30, to which Mom thought it would be fun to check Spec's out.  There are no big liquor stores back home.  They closed promptly at 9:00pm, but that was OK since Boy offered to get us some tickets to go see Deadpool.  It was a pretty good movie, but really aimed for adults.  My mom and dad stayed with the kids at our house.  Boy headed back to San Marcos since he is in the middle of mid terms.  The movie was great.
    Sunday started around 11:00am, we headed to breakfast at Don Dario's per my dad but it had a 40 minute wait.  We then headed to Jalapeno's, which we have been going to for our Mexican food.  It is pretty good, they have yet to mess up a meal.  After eating we headed to Academy, but since I had stayed up most of the night, I was falling asleep, after 40 min or so at Academy.  This was followed by us going home, most of us took a nap.  I know I got up at 4:40pm, and came down to catch most everyone still napping.  I drank a cup of coffee and had a piece of cake, then my mom started asking what we were gonna do, it was boring.
    The evening was nice, we went to Jumpoline which the kids love, while Wife and I sat off to the side, I zoned out for a bit on some massage chairs.  This was followed by picking up my brother, and then another fine meal at Mandola's, which was the only thing we could all agree on.  We got there at 8:15 and ate until they closed at 9:00pm.  I drank an espresso which woke me up for the drive home.  There was a final pit stop at HEB for more coffee and milk before heading home. 
    I am writing this at 10:30pm and most everybody is already in bed, they would have stayed longer, but the fear of the pending storms this week is scaring them back so they don't run into flooding problems later in the week.  It was fun having the family here for a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment