Monday, March 21, 2016

3/21/16 On The Last Day Of Spring Break, I Gave My Lovely Wife?

    A mowed yard.& I finally got off my big fat ass and did some physical work.  All week, we have been staying up almost until dawn and then sleeping until 3-4 in the afternoon.  Today, I got up at noon, and said, I will do something today.  I drank my cup of coffee with an oatmeal pie and a red velvet cupcake (getting old, from Valentine's).  I was about ready to go back to bed, when Wife came down and discussed us going to get our taxes done.  We spent a few hours working on all that paperwork last night.  As luck would have it, it was too late today to get our taxes reviewed by H&R Block, but we did schedule an appointment for Thursday afternoon.
    We headed off to go eat at Culver's with Chubs. Boy was on the road back from Dallas. Lunch was great, I could eat that patty melt five days a week.  I think because I got up too early, just driving to Culver's had me falling asleep.  By the time we finished eating, I knew I was going to need a nap.  We went home, and I just about ran up to the bed.  I slept for about an hour, then I got up out of sheer guilt.  I hate being this weenie that is always tired.  I told Wife I would cut the front lawn and see how far I got before it got dark.  The front can all be done in about 20 minutes, trimming adds another 15 min or so.  With our longer days now that it is spring, more can be done.  I started on backyard, figuring Wife would come and save me, but all I got was a glass of water from Chubs.  I finished right as it got too dark to see clearly, and it is good that I did the work.  Turns out, there are a bunch of boards loose on the fence.  Almost like a fat raccoon pushed himself below the fence pickets and making it only by forcing the nails on the bottom railing to come loose.  There are also more pickets barely hanging between our neighbors with the dogs.  I would hate to have to deal with those dogs, my first reaction would be to shoot them, I quietly hate most dogs, I know, your dog is different, it's like a member of your family.  My plan tomorrow is to go buy screws and fix any weak points on my fences.  We have been here almost nine years, it is time to spend a little money on some much needed TLC.
    Boy arrived while I was in the middle of cutting, he was not going to help me, but I did get him to take out the trash.  We then went to eat at around 9:00pm.  We went to TGIF, I like Friday's occasionally.  I had a salad since we grilled the night before and I ate steak then with a side of sausage, and for lunch earlier I had a burger.  I like a cobb salad, this was a tiny $7 version of their regular size.  By ordering a smaller main dish, I felt ok, ordering an appetizer, and even a dessert after.  My part of the meal was still only $15.  Chubs ordered a 3 piece appetizer plate, with wings, potstickers and cheese sticks.  Boy had a salad with salmon, and wife had a bowl of pasta with some chicken.
    We got back home around 10:15pm, sent Chubs to go poop and shower, Boy loaded his vehicle and headed off to San Marcos, Wife and I settled in to watch a little TV before she came to bed, and here we are.  About back to normal, I am writing this at almost 3:00am.  I still get to watch a couple shows on Hulu, I do work nights, and tomorrow starts the last couple months of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment