Saturday, March 19, 2016

3/19/16 On The Seventh Day Of Spring Break, My True Love Gave To Me?

    Sleep.  Today was a nice lazy day.  There was no reason to get up and hurry anywhere.  After getting home last night after midnight, Wife and I stayed up watching TV until 6:00am.  I am obsessed with my gold shows, Wife is trying to get to the end of The Walking Dead.  I prefer to watch on the computer, I can lay in bed on my stomach and control the PC pretty easy with mouse on the bed.  Wife sits on 1 of our leather cushion sofa chairs and watches her zombie show on Netflix on our TV.
    We got up around 3:00pm, and I showered and put on clothes just in time to walk Boy out.  He had a trip planned to Dallas for the last weekend of Spring Break with his friends.  As far as I understood, they were going to go see a museum of classic video games.  I find this to almost be a waste of time, but it is a new adventure, and we do want him to have some experiences.
    Chubs got it in his head that he wanted to eat at Estancia Churrascaria, but it is over $40 a plate, plus drinks and desserts.  Wife suggested going for lunch, so Boy could join us, but he didn't want to really go and be full all the way up to Dallas.  I just didn't want to have a reason to get up early and get in a rush at noon.  As it was, we missed it all, then Boy got us tickets to go to the movies at 9:00pm.
    We still left the house at 4:30, I went and got a little cash for my wallet, it was payday today, then for fun, we went and looked at RVs.  We saw a few really nice.  One was on sale for $54,000, but that was too much for what I was thinking.  Our 2nd RV was only $35,000, and if that is where the prices are, we can't really be serious about upgrading.  Ours has two more years and it is paid off.  After this, we ate a late lunch at Bill Miller, followed by a run to Target, Chubs needed another set of headphones, he breaks a different pair every couple weeks.
    We then went home, and I took a light 20min nap, while we waited for about 8:20pm to get going to the movies.  By then there was a light drizzle, which didn't affect much of anything, but it made Wife nervous as Boy was still on his way to Dallas.  He finally made his way to a friend of theirs while we were at the movies.
    We saw Zootopia, and it can only be described as cute.  It had moments of funny and a touching moment where things got serious, but for a kid's movie, it was watchable.  Pixar movies might be better quality, but they always manage to be tear jerkers.  This was just cute and light-hearted, the main character didn't loose her parents, or nobody's loving husband or wife died in the other's arms.  The running tag line was you can do anything, if you believe in yourself.
    We were home by midnight, and here we are, doing the same as last night, it is about 2:00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment