Tuesday, March 29, 2016

3/29/16 Fresh Start?

    Easter was nice, but I got enough fat jokes that I think I am going to do something about it.  I have been standing steady waiting on inspiration or something to get going.  I don't know what happened, I used to lift weights by myself, run around on my bike by myself.  Nowadays, I want my partner to motivate me, and Wifey is not about that.  I have to just go off and do my own thing.  My mom is constantly on me because I tell her I don't sleep well, add to that that I got on the scale today and I wiegh right around 409lbs.  That is a lot of Mando.
    So what did I do different today?  When I picked up Chubs, we did not go out and eat our usual burger and fries.  Instead, I cut the grass, Chubs did not have homework, but said he would get on the treadmill while I was outside.  I then trimmed the edges and then even went and fixed the fence in the back that I noticed last week was loose.  For good measure I also took the clothes that had been washed, separated it, put away mine and the boys clothes, and even started a load in the wash.  This all happened after going and getting gas too, for the mower.
    For good measure, when I did come inside, I only had a ham and cheese sandwich and a handful of Cheetoh Puffs.  For dinner, to continue the good eating, I had a salad of spinach, carrots, lettuce, cheese, and chicken breasts.  There was no dessert with dinner, but I did have a slice of pie and a small piece of coffee cake when I came in to work, from some of my coworkers.
    I am committed to walking at least a mile every night, maybe two.  I lost most of the first half of my shift messing around with new forms for our new insurance plans, so tonight it will be only 1 mile.
    My uncle who has always been a giant at 6foot 5in or so and probably tipping the scales around 500lbs at one point is now skinnier than me.  He did go through a divorce and that can mess up a person, but he also is pushing hard on Plexxus, some drink that is supposed to remove the fat from your body.  He is walking around at a slim 42inch waist, and claims to weigh about 309,making me the heaviest weight around in our family.
    I'm going to report here once a week, what I'm doing.  If something is working or not.  Hopefully, this will keep me honest.  I am hoping that by the time we go to Florida, I am able to walk a couple miles without feeling like I need to sit down and nap.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment