Wednesday, March 16, 2016

3/16/16 On The Fourth Day Of Spring Break, My True Love Gave To Me?

    The house was quiet with Chubs in SA with his cousins.  They had a fun day out going to Sea World, they sent pics of them swimming in a pool.  To be young and not feel the cold of the water.  I did not sleep well at all, probably from the excitement of thinking this is a short week for me, and I don't have to work the rest of the week.
    As usual, I got up hungry, and first thing to do is decide where to eat lunch.  We went to Culver's, I love their patty melts with all that gooey cheese just sticking everything together.  Boy, came home early from work, and joined us.  It was nice and fast.  I then hurried home to do my business and shower to head into work.
    Boy mentioned he was going to be off on Wednesday, but in the same sentence, he already had plans.  He is at the point where we don't really think of including him in our day to day activities.  If he joins us for lunch, great, but I accept he would rather hang with his friends.  At least going tubing sounds like fun.  They are going to try it in the afternoon, but of course, he had to leave Tuesday night back to his apartment.
    I am thinking of picking up Chubs on Thursday, and maybe head to the SA Zoo.  We have season tickets to SeaWorld too, but if he spent Tuesday there, he won't want to go back so soon. 
    I've been pondering the idea of trading in our RV for something newer.  I just got the new truck, and although our unit is nice and big, it is starting to show it's age.  It is over ten years old.  I was joking with Wife, about going and looking at some new ones, see if they'll take ours in as a trade and maybe we end up with a similar payment.  It might not work, but they are in the business of moving units, and we owe about two years on ours.
    I also need to go do an oil change on my truck.  When I bought it, they told me don't worry about getting your oil changed every 3000 miles.  The truck will tell you when the life of the oil is at 20%.  I have now driven 6500 miles, and still gotten no warning.  I looked a couple weeks ago through the diagnostics, and it still said it had 30% life.  I must be too gentle on the truck, I should really be hauling stuff with it.  I started looking for fifth wheel hitches, also going to need a tool box bolted in the back, and I want some sort of cover that rolls out of the way, but made of metal.
    These additions to my truck are not going to be cheap, and we are in the process of doing our taxes and saving up for our trip to Disney in Florida this summer.  I guess it's fun to have a lot of parts in motion, as long as we don't start dropping things and making a mess.  Another thing to worry about in the next couple weeks will be Boy's birthday party, which has been decided by Wife and Boy that it would be Mexican themed, after Wife saw a bunch of colorful Mexican stuff on FB.

No comments:

Post a Comment