Sunday, March 20, 2016

3/20/16 On The Eigth Day Of Spring Break, My True Love Gave To Me?

    Costco.  We have been "members" of Sam's Club for about ten years.  We have one here about a mile away from our house, so it has always been real convenient.  Even the old Sam's Club on I-35 was about a mile away from our first house.  We woke up today with grand plans, at 3:00pm, but still.  Wife thought we should walk to Southpark Meadows, partially as exercise, partially as it was a nice day and other people do it.  After finishing my coffee, I suggested parking in front of Sam's and we can walk to anywhere in the Southpark Meadows area.  It would just be hard to buy anything and then walk it home, and I was thinking of buying some steaks for dinner.  Wife had the thought of buying some miniature tequila bottles for Boy's party coming up.  It is going to be a Mexican motif, btw.
    Somewhere between brushing my teeth and getting in the truck, Wife then suggested going to check out Costco.  I love me a new store, and I love the snacks my coworkers are always taking in to work.  I said sure, we can go looking as visitors.  When we got there, the girl at the door said we can check it out for free, but in order to buy anything, you must be a member.  Annual membership is $55, so we said sure, let's try it out for a year.
    It took maybe ten minutes to do the application, all the while, people were flushing out of there in a weird frenzy.  White people by the dozens, not being racist, and it might be because of its location on MOPAC and William Cannon, but we were the token colored folks this time.  We go to Sam's and it is 80% beaner, this was quite different.
    Anyways, at the end of the day, the store just cares about the green in one's pocket, so whatever.  It felt much cleaner than a Sam's, but a lot of it is the same.  Even Chubs, who was being whiny, said what are we doing here, this is just another Sam's.  The part that sucked, we didn't realize until we got our new cards was that they close at 6:00pm on Saturday and Sunday, so we had about a half hour to look.  We will have to go back, but I do believe the sirloin steaks we got were some of the yummiest I have grilled.
    I look forward to going back and taking my time to look around.  There was a liquor store attached on the outside which they said was not part of Costco, I wasn't sure.  But they had samples of alcohol, and I tasted what appeared to be orange soda with a touch of alcohol.  Again, very yummy.  I bought a six pack, and if it had been a hot day, I might have drunk all of them.  I had one while I did my grilling.
    I also bought one of those triangle shade thingies (similar to picture, below), which I put up some anchors and it should make it more pleasant to grill as it will cut the sun beating down on the patio, as it face the setting sun.  I can also take it down easily so the HOA won't whine about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment