Monday, March 28, 2016

3/28/16 Easter Sunday?

    As we usually do, we spent Easter Sunday at my folks.  It was an almost perfect day, as far as weather and temperatures.  We did what we do best.  I slept on and off until about noon, then got up at the request of Wife.  By the time I got up and headed out, the other men folk had been busy getting the grills lit.  Dad had said he already had more than enough meat stocked for the celebration.
    Wife must have set up the Easter Basket for Chubs, I never saw all that taking place, although I did spend a pretty penny buying the stuff that went into it.  I think by now Chubs has figured the logistics of the holiday creatures and gifts, he is 10 years old. 
    I do try getting up earlier when my folks are around.  I got up to pee around 9:00am and they were up, so I thought I would get up.  I had some coffee and then mom offered eggs with winnies.  My dad was chuckling as I started falling asleep before the breakfast came.  Mom gave me three tacos with plenty of eggs and cheese.  I ate my fill and then mom suggested I go back to bed, since I looked tired.  I did and just as Wife had finished putting on her make-up and was headed out.  I jumped into bed as Wife was telling me to go shower and I begged her for one hour of peace and quiet.  I guess she left room, as I slept for and hour and a half or so.  She finally came and woke me as most everyone arrived.
    I showered and joined the rest of my family.  I hadn't seen some of my aunts and uncles in about a year.  We sat and of course I got an earful because Boy did not make the trip.  He chose to stay and do homework.  It really is nice to be amongst family, and specially with BBQ going on and the love flowing.  It was cute watching the kiddoes going after the eggs in the yard, and Chubs was lucky enough to find the golden penny, which was good for a $20 bill.
    About this time we finally ate, and it did not take me long to fill up, since I had been eating ribs off the grill since they were ready.  There were deviled eggs to enjoy, rice and beans, and plenty of meat.  I had two tacos since I had poked so much, but I still left back to Austin full. 
    When it was time to go, I didn't even argue with Wife, I gave her the keys, talked about this and that, and I'm pretty sure I was asleep before passing the Crystal Ballroom.  I slept up until we got to Buc-ee's where we stopped for gas and a drink.  I then drove the rest of the way, feeling pretty good, even arguing with Boy as he had wanted a plate of food, but as we were passing San Marcos, the jackass wasn't even home.  He eventually came to the house to pick up the leftovers and cake and whatever chocolates the Easter Bunny left him.
    Chubs complained he did not eat enough, so we went and got some burgers at Whataburger and ended our night as best as we could. 

No comments:

Post a Comment