Thursday, March 17, 2016

3/18/16 On The Sixth Day Of Spring Break, My True Love Gave To Me?

    A day trip.  Chubs took off in the cover of darkness on Monday night while I was at work.  There was no "daddy, may I go?"  or "I shall miss you father..."  Nah, all I had was a dirty sock he wore over the weekend to remember my brave husky man-child.  Today I said "no mas!"  I shall conquer those who would oppress me, those that would stand in the way of me and my ham of a boy.  I shall take a journey to the west, to the city of Saint Anthony and reclaim what is rightfully mine.
    But first, I had to get up.  I ended up staying up until 6:30am watching the last episodes of Gold Rush, and it did not disappoint, such great drama from men risking it all for the sake of their families.  For my efforts, Hulu then rewarded me by instantly jumping into another series Bering Sea Gold.  You hope for familiar faces, but the only thing similar so far, is the yellow gold.  This one follows some rough looking people in floating devices almost resembling boats.  Using modified pumps and other things, they suck on the ocean floor looking for riches.  I was instantly hooked, and ended up watching two episodes.
    Back to my mission at hand, I knew I would not be able to sleep all day, so I woke around 1:00pm, and told Wife to shower.  I went downstairs and had a snack.  We had grilled burgers on the weekend, and I ate one along with a sausage on a hotdog bun, some chicken wings, a cup of coffee, and an oatmeal cream pie.  This all made me sleepy and I came back upstairs wanting to nap, but Wife was ready to roll, and Boy got home from work right at this time.  Wife let me have a ten minute nap, which did not really help for commanding my hundreds of horses to take me to the land where my young son was being held prisoner.  I barely drove to the land of Saint Marcos before giving up the helm of my sled to Wife, she would have to deliver me to the battlefront.
    An hour later, through rush hour, we were there.  Turns out, Chubs was not kidnapped, he in fact voluntarily left the safety of our castle to go and interact with his cousins.  He went to SeaWorld, two days in a row.  They have a new water section for swimming, Aquatica, and they spent a good deal of time there.  When we showed up, he was drenched in sweat and cousins as 1 or 2 were hanging off his back.  He said hi, but I blocked his hug, or I would have ended up having to swim out of his sweat.
    I sat for awhile, drank a cup of coffee, and then took Boy to Bass Pro Shops, while Wife and Chubs stayed behind eating Mexican food, I passed, deciding to eat on the road later.  We didn't buy anything at Bass Pro Shops, but it was nice to have some one on one time with Boy, and just let him talk.  We talked about new guns he wants, new knives he wants, I walked on boats I wanted, and then we even changed the discussion to movies that we think hold up.  It felt good having a talk without the usual disruptions.
    Eventually, Wife called that they were ready to go, we were already walking out, we picked them up, then headed back to our homeland.  But first, tacos all around at Fuego's, in San Marcos.

No comments:

Post a Comment