Tuesday, March 15, 2016

3/15/16 On The Third Day Of Spring Break, My True Love Gave To Me?

    Work.  I decided not to burn a whole week of PTO, personal time off.  Because I work a 12 hour shift, a week requires I put in 48 hours and to compensate for the overtime rate on last 8 hours at time and a half, it should really be 52 hours.  Instead, since we were in town and just hanging out, I told Wife I would save half my time, and thus work two days.  As usual, we spent most of the day asleep.  We grilled some burgers, sausages and wings last night (Sunday), which we ate around 9:00pm.  The full stomach put me to sleep, as I didn't even finish watching whatever half hour show we were watching.
    At a certain point around midnight, we all went to bed, but Wife kept watching The Walking Dead on Netflix, I was on Hulu, trying to finish Gold Rush, which I am now on the last season, Chubs was on YouTube on his phone and Boy was playing an online game with some friends.  All of a sudden the Wifi goes out and it was a shocker for all of us.  We were all affected and it sucked.  Boy ran into the closet like a technician and started rebooting everything in there, even as we told him to wait.  I decided it was a good time to take a shower, figuring everything would clear up in ten to fifteen minutes or it was bedtime.  Everything was fine after a while, and we kept our routing up for another hour or so.
    I don't feel like I sleep well at night, tossing and turning, getting on my phone at 4:00 to check whatever and before I know it, I have spent two hours on Pinterest.  I finally forced myself to get up around 2:00pm.  I had plans to wash my truck, so I showered and Wife was already up, but we had to wait on Chubs who decided he needed to poop and then shower.  Eventually, we got to the car wash place, I love having the unlimited wash contract for the whole year, my truck looks nice and clean almost all the time.  We ate at Luby's while they did the dirty work.
    By the time we finished eating, and walking back to the wash place, the truck was already getting dried off.  It took another five minutes of waiting and we were on our way.  I went home, took care of business in the bathroom, then headed off to work. 
    While I was at work, Wife's brother came to visit with his four boys and they kidnapped Chubs for a couple days.  We are supposed to go pick him up on Wednesday, but I might wait until Thursday, since I work Tuesday night too, and might be too tired to make the drive.  Plus, I really would like to go to the SA Zoo, it is the perfect time of year for that.  Still not too hot, and not too cold for the animals.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment