Saturday, March 12, 2016

3/12/16 On The First Day Of Spring Break, My True Love Gave To Me?

Image result for joe dirt christopher walken quotesImage result for joe dirt christopher walken quotes    Spring Break has finally started.  The rest of my little family gets to hang out and rest.  Since we didn't go anywhere, I decided not to take the whole week off.  I will be working half the week to save half my vacation hours for the summer. 
    The day started off normally, I had to run and go pick up Chubs after school, we stopped at the bank and took out some cash, because we aren't sure where the week will lead us, and I am a good little boy scout, I like to be prepared.  Chubs was ready to go home because I bought him a new video game yesterday as a reward for his accomplishment but I decided to go eat at Taco Bell.  It has improved, and we do eat there like twice a month or so.  Their tacos with the Doritos shells are such a great innovation in taco technology, and Chubs does enjoy spicing himself out there.  Once we were done, we came home to wait for the rest of the family.  Boy showed up an hour later, while I was doing the bills, probably around 5:00pm, then Wife finally got home at 6:00pm, because she had a meeting right up until 5:00pm. 
    Spring Break officially started at 6:10pm when she got home, we argued for a minute because she is strung way too tight and even though I had already questioned Boy about his bank card and he said he had taken care of it, he did have two cards in the mail.  I let it go when he said "yes, I have my card and I activated it."  Wife was not happy with that answer and she proceeded to finger wag and use that high pitched motherly tone, which always sounds like fingers on a blackboard to me.  I half joked, half impulsively reacted "your tone, it's all wrong."  This is kind of one of our jokes from Joe Dirt, which Christopher Walken's character keeps uttering when he recalls his old gangster days.
"You're talking to my guy all wrong, it's the wrong tone!"  He follows it with a very cold "do it again, and I'll stab you in the eye with a soldering iron."  It is a hilarious line from a stupid movie, which we love.  Wife always gets pissed when I reference it, which makes it even funnier to me.
Image result for joe dirt christopher walken quotes    After she cooled off, we headed out, stopped and paid Target at the store since we just changed banks and our online pay thing is not completely set up yet.  We then headed to Central Market to get some snacks to hang out and watch TV and chill.  They didn't have what we were looking for, and we ended up getting pepperoni rolls at Double Dave's Pizza.
    We then both proceeded to fall asleep in front of the TV on and off over the rest of the evening.  I briefly woke as the opening sequence of San Andreas with Dwayne Johnson playing a helicopter rescue pilot saves a girl from the side of a mountain by taking the chopper into a very tight crevasse.  No freaking way would they put a million dollar helicopter in that situation.  I lost interest a few minutes later with the Asian geologist sacrificing himself in front of Paul Giamatti while saving a white girl, for no reason, on top of the Hoover Dam.
    I did rally later, waking up in the middle of Revenge Of The Nerds, and now writing this at 3:00am, while Wife snores on the sofa, Chubs came down to see what we were up to, and I believe Boy is asleep as he said he works most of the week.





No comments:

Post a Comment