Thursday, March 24, 2016

3/24/16 Boy Turns 22?

    Boy turns 22 tomorrow, and we are celebrating this weekend.  It is kind of weird with Easter falling in the same weekend, but oh well, just means we make our yearly run to Crystal City to hang out at home with my side of the family for a bit.  Thanks to Facebook, Wife saw some Mexican ideas for a party, suggested them to Boy, and I think he went along with her because he thought she was kidding, now we have a fiesta going down on Saturday.  I am unsure what to think of this as it is not going to be in Austin.  We are doing this in San Antonio, not sure why, but Wife got buy-in from her sisters, who are going to help with the cooking and decorating.  We were already shown a couple bags of decorations, if all of that stuff goes up on the walls, it will surely look more festive.
    I am unsure about Boy's path right now.  I expected him to be more independent and not involve us much in his day to day activities, and that I can accept, but I figured he would be ignoring us for a gal.  Instead, every weekend, there seems to be something important that him and his friends had planned or wanted to do.  My actions and motives were always calculated to try and get the best  chance at getting laid.  They don't even seem to have a sex drive, they make plans around going to toy museums, or these comic con things, which I don't understand the reason for the interest.  I remember liking comic book heroes, but only until I discovered what goes on in the backseat of a car, or to keep it real, backseat of my folk's van.
    We have a hotel reserved in San Antonio for Friday night.  Wife said I could just stay in the hotel and relax, she would go with her sisters and decorate and cook.  That sounds great to me, I am actually looking forward to this little alone time I will theoretically have.  Boy was supposed to go with us, we would pick him up in San Marcos, but he called Wife asking if he could drive up Saturday with his friends.  She kind of said yes, but Boy's friend gets out at 2:00pm, you know how chicks are to get ready, they could loose another hour there, and then another hour to drive to SA.  Wife actually said no, because we can't have the reason for the party showing up whenever he feels like it.  I still don't believe he will ride with us, but we will see.
    This is going to be a long and tiring weekend.  We have the funeral for our friend's father, there will be a meal after and all that.  We had scheduled to meet with the H&R Block people to do our taxes Thursday at 4:30.  Then we have the drive up Friday, luckily with good Friday, everyone is off.  We have Boy's party in the afternoon on Saturday, then driving to Crystal City for Easter Sunday.  I am sure we will be staying as late as possible, then driving up back to Austin, and probably getting home late Sunday.  We'll see how it all plays out...

No comments:

Post a Comment