Saturday, March 5, 2016

3/5/16 Rare Family Night?

    Friday was a good night.  FIrst of all, it was payday and I got a at check from all the extra hours I worked the last two weeks.  After refinancing and doing this and that with our bills, we are finally ahead to the point we were talking about moving some money into our savings, first time in a log time we are in this position.
    When Wife got home, we went and ate like we always do, but we headed to Kyle, since their HEB does treat you like a human and still gives you bags.  Lunch was at Whataburger, and there just aren't many burgers that can beat their taste.  I like finishing my burger with an apple pie, but that's just me. The Whataburger is in the same area there, but we moved closer to the store.  It was one of those we have money, let's fill the basket with food.  Wife was all the briskets are on sale, you want one or two, I said one is fine, then she repeats "they are on sale, you want one or two?", looking at each through their plastic bags like they were babies and they were both hers.  I repeated, we can play this game all day, I said 1.  If you want two, go ahead, but I said 1.  She then gave the 2nd one to Chubs to go return it to the freezer.  Chubs got plenty of snacks for his crew, I got some avocadoes to make some guacamole dip, hadn't had that since last summer, the shitty little container from Taco Cabana doesn't count.
    We then got home, I lit the grill, took out the trash, Boy got home all in a tizzy, no hi or hugs, just "did you get my new bankcard?"  We both said no, he repeated himself, then he got mad at us and got loud, we both jumped him to slow down, and start with a hello.  He had just been embarassed at Walmart, his card didn't work, Chase has been changing to cards with microchips or something.  He said he called and did get a new one ordered, so all he can do is wait.  Carry some cash in the meantime.
    I grilled some chicken wings, followed by fajitas and sausage.  The food was great, it had been awhile since we had grilled, and it was nice, Chubs had a friend over, but that was it.  Our friends still have the sick dad, which everyone is tending to, so they wo't be coming until that whole ordeal passes, I guess.  Boy was alone, which was also rare lately.
    We watched a show on Netflix while we ate, but after such a good meal with 3/4 of a Newcastle Beer, I could not stay awake.  Wife started watching Walking Dead, and I tried writing this while she watched it, but I fell asleep by 11:00pm.  She said after she came to bed, to stop fighting it, just go to sleep, and when you get up in iddle of the night, try again.  This took about 20 minutes at 5:00am.  It is much easier to write when one isn't fighting themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment