Sunday, March 27, 2016

3/27/16 All The Party People Say Andale, Andale Arriba?

    Today was a strange day.  Both sides of the family got together for Boy's birthday.  Wife had been planning a Mexican Fiesta for the last couple weeks, and today was the culmination of those ideas.  The meal was set at my in-laws, partially because it is closer to everybody, but mostly because Wife's Sisters did most of the cooking.
    We slept in a hotel room in San Antonio to be closer, and in fact, the room was very close to my in-laws, off by only a couple miles.  Check out was at noon, and I believe my digestive system knows things.  First off, I got up at 7:00am after staying up until 4:30am because there was supposed to be a free breakfast.  Breakfast was a dud, it consisted of a couple waffle machines and some cereal and muffins.  I had a coffee and muffin while I decided what to do, but ultimately, I checked my truck, that it was still there and in one piece, and then went back to the room, where my little family stayed and joined them in snoring.  I was then awakened by Wife around 10:30am to shower.  I tried pooping, but no dice.  I showered, brushed my teeth, then got out.  It was now closer to 11:25am, and then my stomach started gurgling.  Wife and the boys took all our stuff downstairs, and I finally had a movement, maybe it was being alone in the room.  We left the room at 11:56am, and gave our keycards to the front desk at 11:59am.
    We got to my in-laws at noon, and of course, I quickly tossed and turned on the sofa, until they offered me a bed to lie down.  I slept until my folks called that they were about to arrive, so I woke up to guide them in.  It had been awhile since my folks had visited my in-laws, and they loved what they did for the party, along with the addition of the patio in the backyard.  The meal very much was what you would expect at any decent tex-mex place.  There was brisket, beef and chicken fajitas, 3 different kinds of beans, chalupas, rice and beans, potato salad, cakes, Mexican candies, horchata, sandia, and pina waters to drink, along with Mexican soda, and all kinds of Mexican soda drinks.
    After eating, we took some fun pictures with some giant Mexican hats, in front of a decorated wall covered in traditional Mexican colors.  Of course, cake and other sweets were offered as we sang "las mananitas" instead of Happy Birthday.
    My folks hung out until about 5:00pm, only leaving at that time because one of my uncles was having his birthday party today as well.  We didn't leave until almost 8:00pm, as Wife helped clean up.  We then arrived at my folks' house around 10:20pm, and stayed talking until almost 1:30am.
    These have been some weird stretches with very little sleeping options.  When I see a window, I take it, I have now mastered sleeping in a sitting position, which is good when things turn boring, I am out.




































































No comments:

Post a Comment