Wednesday, March 30, 2016

3/30/16 I Think I Can, I Think I Can?

    Tuesday was off to a slow start, thanks to wearing myself out Monday.  I got up at 2:56pm, missing my three alarm clocks on my phone of 2:10, 2:20, and 2:25pm.  Wife's old fashion alarm clock on the side of the bed is also set for 2:20 and I slept through all four of them.  Waking up at 2:56 gave me no time to go to the bathroom, I just picked up the first pieces of clothing I could find on the floor and ran out, Chubs does not like being picked up late.
    I had already decided I would cut the grass in the backyard, part of my new exercise regime.  I need to stop being lazy and forcing myself to do chores like these that require sweat and exertion.  We are supposed to be eating less outside of the house, so I will play along with Wife for a couple days.  She too is getting on the bandwagon of losing some weight, mostly for the Florida trip.  She declared we are going to lose 10 pounds for the trip.  I would like to lose double that, 20 sounds feasible, considering I am at 409pounds.  There were a couple of good reasons to put off cutting the grass.  I could have insisted on staying inside and putting away the rest of the clothes, or insisted on making a sandwich for Chubs.  I said no, I need to stop being a wuss and just carry through.
    Not only was I able to cut the grass, I was also able to trim with the edger, along the fence and the concrete around the pool.  Scariest moment, I left some palm leaves in the yard after I got stung by some bees last year, when I was moving them I found a good sized snake, probably a couple years old.  It was as thick as a garden hose and all curled up.  I hate to say it, but for the kid's well being, I killed it with the lawn mower.  Chubs said the only kind of good snake is a dead snake. 
    About the time I finished, Wife was coming home, we met at a Mexican restaurant we eat at weekly because it is close to the house, and it is cheap.  It was nice to eat after working on the yard, like a man.  I then hurried back home, and showered so I could come in to work.  I am hoping to keep up the exertion of energy for a couple days and then shake off the sleeping thing I've had for going on a year.  Is there a bug bite that causes one to become a lazy ass?  I swear I never have bee  one to let Wife drive me anywhere, or concede and let her do anything I consider man's work.  But lately, I have been a little bitch.
    I need another nice day today, so I can go out and reinstall the pool pump.  I have to get that water running, get rid of the green color before the city comes knocking again.  Once I connect it, I need about five days of running it hard to get rid of the pond color.  I then need to do the same with the hot tub, I can't believe it's been so long since we have used it.

No comments:

Post a Comment