Friday, March 25, 2016

3/25/16 Running On No Sleep?

    Yesterday was a pain in the butt.  The hardest part was the lack of sleep.  In the end, it all worked out.  We were able to accomplish our goals, and even get my truck washed for our big weekend going to San Antonio and then Crystal City.
    I got home around 6:45 and instead of eating and showering, I ran to Chub's bed and dove in.  I actually felt myself sink in to the mattress, it felt awesome, for an hour.  I woke up because I had to pee badly.  I went, did my business and got back in bed.  I slept for another hour or so, until Wife came and woke me up.  This time, I got up and showered.  I felt I was looking a little raggedy from the face, but it was close to 10am.  Wife said, go for it, just don't stop and screw around.  I felt so much better with my hair under control.
   We got to the funeral home by 10:10am, but it was ok.  There was a minister recounting his meeting of Mr. Lupe as he called him.  He spoke very well of him, apparently they worked for the city together.  He talked about how generous Mr. Lupe was, always sharing his food with him.  The contrast was nice, when the grandkids started talking about being chased by grandpa so he could put                a whooping on that ass, another one mentioned hiding his shoes, to slow grandpa down.  The minister guy came back and couldn't believe they were describing the same man.  He turned it into a good thing, how kids need discipline in this day and age.  After an hour or so, when everyone who wanted had been allowed to speak, we headed out to the cemetary.  This part went rather quickly, the male grandkids carried the casket which was beautiful in a polished black shiny finish.  There some quick words by the minister, and the body was then put to rest.
    This was then followed by a small meal at the older sister's place.  We stopped by, ate a slice of pizza, a slice of sub, and a soda or two.  By this time, it was 2:00pm and I thought I was ok, but we did have an appointment to do our taxes, so we left.  On our way home, I decided I needed to wash my truck.  It was very dirty, and the wash place was not that busy.  I dropped it off, we got some nachos, and hung out.  After ten minutes or so, I felt a wall of sleep overtake me.  I slept, just sitting there for maybe 20min.  We then walked over to my truck at the wash place, it was already in the drying stage.  We then went home, I ran to the bathroom and did my business.  I had time for a 20 min nap, until 4:30.  We got over there more or less on time only to be told, the lady scheduled for us was not skilled enough to deal with the sale of our house.  We then set time for Friday morning and left.
    At this point, I finally had a window large enough to really take a long nap, and I did.  Wife woke me at 8:00pm to go to Spec's.  She wanted tiny mexican liquor bottles to decorate the tables.  We then got back in time for my folks arrival.  Boy and his friends had just arrived as well.  We then decided on Longhorn Steakhouse, so far, it does not disappoint.  From the fresh tasting coffee, to the just right steaks, everything was just perfect.  We ended to night by coming home and singing to Boy on a cake half eaten from last weekend.  The party continues this weekend, to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment