Thursday, March 3, 2016

3/3/16 1.5 Hours And I Am Off Schedule All Day?

    Yesterday was one of those days where Wife needed Chubs with her after school.  She has a crappy job which requires her to have after school meetings now and then.  I usually don't mind them until they affect me.  She had a similar one the week before and thinking it was one of a kind, first one this semester at least, I was Johnny on the spot.  I remembered Chub's phone, I was early to pick him up, and made great time to the shitty Mcdonald's I wrote about last week.  This week I thought again, and stayed in bed until the last minute, then I was late to pick up Chubs after school, when you are late, you are made more late because you then have to get off and go sign them out inside, it becomes a pain in the ass.  When I finally get Chubs and I am ready to head towards Bastrop, Chubs asks for his phone, which this time I forgot.  He starts spazzing out and "please, can we go get it?"  I called Wife at this point to find out what was going on.  She said she had time to come to Austin to get him, so no freaky McDonald's this time.  We ran and got Chub's phone, which he uses like a Gameboy with all the games he has on there.
    We finally met at Jack In The Box, ate and I handed Chubs over.  I could either run home, poop, shower and run back to a mile from where we ate or tough it out and mosey on in to work around 4pm.  I did, which was nice as I got out early, which means I got out of work early, so I went to bed earlier, then today woke up earlier.  I actually got out of bed to where I looked at the time, and was able to stretch without rushing.  I even had time to go eat with my best friend, we had a nice meal at Luby's, she even had a coupon for BOGO free, so lunch was only $11.99.  By then, it wasn't even 4:30, so I went home, took care of my personal stuff, and my bestie went and picked up Chubs, while I headed to work early, again.
    The hard part is the long stretch of 4:30pm to 10:00pm, when I go to lunch, but then after lunch, it seems a lot shorter.  It is about 3:00am as I am writing this, and I get out at 5:15, so I got basically two more hours.  My plan is to be in bed and snoring by 6:00am, before Wife and Chubs wake up.  If I get to interacting with them, I end up staying awake until 7:00am, and that will just put me back into my old time slot.  For now, I am riding on a surfboard ahead of my usual self.  If there is no OT this week, I will begin my weekend a couple hours sooner this weekend.  Doesn't sound like much, but after being on the same schedule for almost 20 years, I have to entertain myself by playing these little games.

No comments:

Post a Comment