Thursday, July 9, 2015

7/9/15 Weird Summer Days?

    I am mostly trying to get over this cough, and eagerly awaiting the official sale of our old house, which is July 20th.  Through these little distractions, I have three huge distractions floating around the house right now.  Wife and both boys are off and pretty much, up to no good. 
    Wife was up until 5:00-5:30am last night watching the last of Orange Is The New Black, which I say fine, but keep it to yourself.  I do love texting the first half of the night, usually after lunch, I take a more private person attitude and try to seal myself off from the world. 
    Chubs' entire day is set up around getting permission to stay up late, when in reality we don't really care.  With me working nights, the last thing I want is to hear him moving around waking me up before noon.  Boy understands the system and generally stays in bed or quiet until after 2:00pm.
    Today, I woke up and Wife was texting away with Girlie.  Girlie, I suspect might have worms, for she is always hungry.  Wife and her were going back and forth about making something or other to eat.  Then I start getting brought into the conversation and before I am fully awoke, they have decided we are going to eat at Fuddrucker's.  I was told to get up at 3:00pm, so I could shower and change.  We met Girlie, her newish BF and one of her older friends and I hesitated because when it's just her, I will pay for her meals, but with two extra people, she is on her own.  I made the joke, you are with your BF, so shah.
    It was all fine, it just feels weird that they would wait to eat with us, just because.  The meal was good, I had an elk burger, which was very lean and I want to say clean tasting, not game-y at all.  Wife smelled it and said "yeah, that is not cow."  We had a good lunch, got to know the BF a bit, caught up with her other friend who hadn't been to the house, but we've also known since she was 12-13.  They acted interested in our vacation stories, so it was all good.
    We then stopped at the bookstore on Boy's request, got some books and I headed to work.  Work has been a little weird, probably from being on vacation and getting back to my nightshift.
    Wife then sent me a pic, Girlie stopped by with a different friend for dinner, although she didn't eat, Wife packed her a to-go plate so she would have lunch tomorrow.  This friend is from her college days, I've met her a couple times, and is with her because she got a job working where she works. 
    I do love having the Girlies around, they make us feel younger, I guess, with the cousin showing up to clean a couple days ago, and now friends and new friends, it's nice.  Our house had been quiet for too long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment