Thursday, July 16, 2015

7/17/15 Don't Break My Kneecaps?

    A man from the city came to the house today.  He was from whatever department fines shitty homeowners who can't keep a pool clean.  Of course he showed up in the middle of my sleep, because that is when America gets their stuff done.  He was really a nice and calm man.  At the door, he wanted to know if I had gotten the problem resolved.  I told him that the letter said if anything, keep the pool covered.  I told him best I had done was get a cover and it had been covered.  He said he needed to take a picture or two for his scrapbook, or as proof that I was/wasn't doing as I am supposed to.
    He explained that the hot tub also needs to be covered, I told him I meant to get the hot tub cleaned, but I had a little cough and my wife did not want me exerting myself.  He was actually a very pleasant man, he made no threats or spoke down to me, he just said he would give me another week and then he said I'll make it two weeks.  As he was leaving, he even said if I had started making progress and needed a little more time to call him before the two weeks and he would understand.  I am assuming that because I didn't sign anything, at this point we don't have to worry about the fines that were on the letter.  The letter was straight out of a nightmare, they have the right to hire an outside company to come and drain the pool at my cost, I could be fined up to $1000, they could take action through HOA and possibly take the property from me.  Over a dirty pool.
    I set my alarm for 1:30pm and got up and straight to work.  I know draining the hot tub with a bucket takes about an hour.  I told Wife, let me do this and then we can go eat.  I took care of hot tub, scrubbed the walls and started filling it back up.  Before I came to work, it still needed a bit more water, but it looked good enough to swim in.  I told Wife to take off cover, and have either Boy or herself clean the pool of larger leaves/debris with the water raker, and if I get a chance I will fire up the pump.  Honestly, we are headed to Corpus tomorrow, so it will have to wait until Monday, but I figure once I start running the pump for a few days, the water will clear up in a week to a week and a half.  We will be cutting it close with Mr. City guy, but I think this plan will work.  It will come at a good point, as I want to start grilling again in backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment