Friday, July 17, 2015

7/18/15 Mini Vacay To The Coast?

    It is now past the halfway point of summer and we finally came to Corpus Christi for a weekend of fun.  My folks are here and they brought my sister and her husband and kids.  They are staying in their RV where we always stay.  Due to a busy schedule, selling my truck, and a new law that requires  RVs pass inspection, I am not bringing my RV this summer.  It bothers me not having my home away from home on the coast, but there was just too much going on to make it happen.
    Coming back from Florida, we randomly chose a SpringHill Suites in Louisiana, and it vibed perfectly with me.  Wife liked it because they offered free breakfast, I liked the newness, the beds are solid and the air conditioning almost hurts, it gets so cold.  Throw in an indoor pool, free wifi, and a wall separating the bed from the sofa, and it is terrific for a weekend with Chubs.
    My folks arrived last night and they spent the day doing the touristy thing, we arrived today and upon checking in, I was way too happy to nap in the chilly room, as it felt like 100 degrees outside on the road.  We were supposed to join our folks and swim in their pool, but we ended up sleeping for two hours.  This was then followed by dinner.  Mom called right as we got in the car, and they had decided on Red Lobster, on the strength of their cheesy biscuits.  I honestly do not like their food.  I ordered the Admiral's Feast and halfway through the meal decided it was way too greasy, as everything is fried.
    Tomorrow we are getting together around 1:30 to go to the beach.  This sounds good, as it leaves a good long morning to sleep in, possibly sneaking down for breakfast, then rush back up and get back in bed.  I am curious about the beach, some years the water is clear and beautiful, with a greenish hue, and sometimes it is just muddy brown or even sickly and red looking when the red tide is flourishing.  As long as there are some bikini babes to check out, it's all good.  My brother in law already said he didn't want to be there all day, so I expect we'll be at the mall by late afternoon.  Considering Chubs' foot has grown two inches per them, I need to buy him some new shoes.  Amazing what happens in the one week he goes to visit grandma (his foot stretching two inches).

No comments:

Post a Comment